Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MCast

Plenty of room here and any link would only have to cross the backstage access road.
View attachment 216372

Right! I believe I heard rumblings that's the potential location of the hotel. It would be cool if a SW:GE expansion plot could be adjacent to it. Not sure how that plays into zoning since, as we know, not all land Disney owns is permitted for theme park use.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Right! I believe I heard rumblings that's the potential location of the hotel. It would be cool if a SW:GE expansion plot could be adjacent to it. Not sure how that plays into zoning since, as we know, not all land Disney owns is permitted for theme park use.

Everything around DHS between the major highways is now fair game since it was recently released from the conservation easement.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would think it could even go closer (anywhere in red). Access road (blue) can be rerouted...

upload_2017-7-19_16-36-58.png

ChrisFL

Premium Member
After seeing the Scott Trowbridge presentation of the model and what we can expect, it reminded me of the way you could choose between the light side and dark side in Knights of the Old Republic (from what I understand, never played it), though this looks less specific. Still, it would be kinda cool to get some reputation for being light side or dark side :p

Princess Leia

I said I'd come back and update so here we are... @bclane
Ok so I watched IV, V, and VI. I REALLY like the movies, like a lot. I thought for 70s/80s films they were actually really well done.

Although, they are SO confusing to me!! Does this change after watching I, II, III? I feel like they never say the name of what things are. I had to look up what so much was (some I already knew from this thread). Another thought, DV is uglllllly with his helmet off. Luke/Leia was a cool twist - didn't see coming. I also now get the "I love you" "I know" reference so I feel in the loop.

I'll watch I and maybe II tomorrow. Thanks for being semi-interested in my personal SW journey :p
Good luck with the prequels- the CGI has not aged well at all.

I love hearing peoples' reactions after watching Star Wars for the first time :D I grew up watching the tapes (and Phantom Menace was my family's first DVD), so when someone actually hasn't watched SW, I get excited that they get to experience it all.

After you finish III, I would watch Rogue One (and who knows, you might have already watched it; replying a few days late). It takes place between III & IV. After that, watch VII. :happy:

becca_

Good luck with the prequels- the CGI has not aged well at all.

I love hearing peoples' reactions after watching Star Wars for the first time :D I grew up watching the tapes (and Phantom Menace was my family's first DVD), so when someone actually hasn't watched SW, I get excited that they get to experience it all.

After you finish III, I would watch Rogue One (and who knows, you might have already watched it; replying a few days late). It takes place between III & IV. After that, watch VII. :happy:
I started to watch I, and honestly I hated it :hilarious: I've been pretty busy with finishing up some summer classes, so hopefully I'll have time tomorrow night to watch VII & Rogue One, and rewatch V sometime because I honestly was not paying attention since D23 was going on, lol

Princess Leia

I started to watch I, and honestly I hated it :hilarious: I've been pretty busy with finishing up some summer classes, so hopefully I'll have time tomorrow night to watch VII & Rogue One, and rewatch V sometime because I honestly was not paying attention since D23 was going on, lol
Yes, watch Empire again :D Like the majority of Star Wars fans, it's my favorite- but I'll admit that it took years for that to happen (as a kid I hated how dark it was in comparison to ANH and RotJ).

I probably haven't watched Phantom Menace in over a decade. However, if you want to know who the heck a couple background characters in Rogue One are, I'd force my way through I, II, and III. Leia's dad, Bail Organa, has a role in II, III, and R1 (though he has the most to do in III). Basically, you're going to see the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker in the prequels, even though the acting, effects, and script can be pretty mediocre.

becca_

Yes, watch Empire again :D Like the majority of Star Wars fans, it's my favorite- but I'll admit that it took years for that to happen (as a kid I hated how dark it was in comparison to ANH and RotJ).

I probably haven't watched Phantom Menace in over a decade. However, if you want to know who the heck a couple background characters in Rogue One are, I'd force my way through I, II, and III. Leia's dad, Bail Organa, has a role in II, III, and R1 (though he has the most to do in III). Basically, you're going to see the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker in the prequels, even though the acting, effects, and script can be pretty mediocre.
Maybe I'll try, but I got to the part where they go underwater and I was just not into it. I still have a month before I go back to college so it'll probably happen before the end of August :rolleyes:

Edit - I'll just say it, I love Jar Jar!! I know a lot of people hate him but I was laughing at everything he was saying with his "accent" (?) :hilarious:

Princess Leia

Maybe I'll try, but I got to the part where they go underwater and I was just not into it. I still have a month before I go back to college so it'll probably happen before the end of August :rolleyes:

Edit - I'll just say it, I love Jar Jar!! I know a lot of people hate him but I was laughing at everything he was saying with his "accent" (?) :hilarious:
Okay I liked this post before you added the Jar Jar bit.

ooooh boy, you are in the minority lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom