Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rteetz

That's the best part of being "gramps" we know what is important and what is there just for entertainment. It's called wisdom from age. However, I like to think that I had that long before I had grey hair. Useless obsession is hugely present in todays culture and unfortunately, yes, it is forcibly spread all over my front lawn. On the plus side, I'll probably be dead soon and will no longer rain on the obsessive parade. So you have that going for you! :bored::)
This is Star Wars. People definitely take this seriously and are obsessed. People dress up and obsess over the characters, camp out overnight in convention centers to maybe get a glimpse at Star Wars actors and such. You are talking about the biggest franchise in the world so of course people are going to take this land a little seriously.

Goofyernmost

This is Star Wars. People definitely take this seriously and are obsessed. People dress up and obsess over the characters, camp out overnight in convention centers to maybe get a glimpse at Star Wars actors and such. You are talking about the biggest franchise in the world so of course people are going to take this land a little seriously.
To bad, because there is a very good chance that they will be disappointed. Such is life!

Kman101

I have no doubts a lot of fans will nitpick and criticize the land to DEATH. Look at the reactions towards Force Awakens and Rogue One. And after years of criticizing Phantom Menace, etc. now people are saying "well, they aren't so bad ..." and that's fine if you think that and my opinion can often change years later watching something with a more open mind. Sometimes seasons of TV shows I don't really like but rewatch years later and I don't think they're as bad. But I predict a lot of mixed reactions even though I think they're going to knock this out of the park.

Rodan75

I have no doubts a lot of fans will nitpick and criticize the land to DEATH. Look at the reactions towards Force Awakens and Rogue One. And after years of criticizing Phantom Menace, etc. now people are saying "well, they aren't so bad ..." and that's fine if you think that and my opinion can often change years later watching something with a more open mind. Sometimes seasons of TV shows I don't really like but rewatch years later and I don't think they're as bad. But I predict a lot of mixed reactions even though I think they're going to knock this out of the park.

Well. It will go thru the normal cycle. Hype, Overhype, Praise, Backlash, Backlash to the Backlash, then this is a Disney Classic Never Touch This Attraction/Movie Or Else.

MCast

I feel like we have minimal information about both the Millennium Falcon and Battle Escape attractions. Are they both simulators? Or is one sort of a Dinosaur/Indiana Jones-esque ride system?

While I appreciate that those who have ridden FoP say it's arguably the best screen-based ride in any theme park, I have reservations about both of these new SWL attractions being predominantly screen-heavy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I feel like we have minimal information about both the Millennium Falcon and Battle Escape attractions. Are they both simulators? Or is one sort of a Dinosaur/Indiana Jones-esque ride system?

While I appreciate that those who have ridden FoP say it's arguably the best screen-based ride in any theme park, I have reservations about both of these new SWL attractions being predominantly screen-heavy.

Falcon is a simulator, Battle Escape is a trackless dark ride.

NoChesterHester

Okay -- I feel better about it now.

For Falcon, do we know if there's any advanced technology to make it on par with FoP instead of M:S 2.0?

Rumors point to a large scale motion simulator with a huge screen and the guests riding inside what appears the falcon cockpit. The large screen would be outside the ride vehicle similar to FoP.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, July 1. View from Muppet Vision 3D exit.

IMG_9764.JPG

The portable trees behind the fence at the end of Pixar Place have been moved (relocated), allowing a view into the construction area. The trees on the left and right in the below photo are planted in Pixar Place.

IMG_9766.JPG

Goofyernmost

How so? By all accounts SWL will be a bit.
Of course, it will be a hit, I never meant to imply that it wouldn't be. But, judging from some of the posts it is going to be a disappointment to many that wanted so much more. I think it is a great thing for the park and I am not even a Star Wars fan. I don't hate it, but, I wouldn't make a trip just to see it. I am aware that there are others that certainly will.

bclane

My feeling is that if they put the kind of love and attention to detail into SWE that they put into Pandora, which I think they will, then I'm gonna need to figure out how to just move in. Yes, I want to live in Star Wars Land at DHS. Don't judge me.:geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom