Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I was about to make this exact point

wdwfan4ver

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Disney couldn't find a spot for Endor forest full of Ewoks or Kashyk, home to the Wookiees, in AK..

If they can make banshees work, why not Ewoks?
When it comes to Star Wars, I only watched the 7 movies. I can't speak about the expanded universe. I never seen the Star War Cartoons, so I can't judge it they add stuff to Kashyk or the the Forrest Moon of Endor.

There is problem with Kashyk in AK based on what I know. That planets wasn't seen a lot in Revenge of the Seth, and we have no idea about how the wookies live in that planet unlike the creatures in Avatar. We only seen a small amount of scenes with the planet Kashyk with master Yoda.

wdwfan4ver

Ewoks in AK isn't a good match despite the village based on what I seen from Return of the Jedi through the years. The Forrest moon of Endor wasn't respected by the ewoks by using logs as a way to defeat at-at's the empire was using. The only thing I know the village is they got a chief, and they do cook things and do gatherings. The scenes in that movie with the village involved the capture of Han, Luke, the wookie, and the 2 droids, 3po discussed the battles between the rebels and the empire, and the scene between Luke and Leia before Luke surrenders himself.

There might be more than that about the ewoks that makes a stronger case for AK, but it happened at time when I was not into Star Wars not in the mid 1980's when I was a kid.

George Lucas after return of the Jedi made a couple a return of the Jedi film spinoffs in 1984 and 1985, and an Ewoks cartoon for 2 years back in 1985 and 1986.

BrianLo

When and if they add more SW, it will also be a new galactic location unique to the parks.

They can add planet Natazhu, run by sentient conservationist hippy goats. Square peg, but SW is essentially a genre now more than an IP. They can adapt it easily to the park messaging, if that's the motivation. Especially with their second go around they are even less hamfisted to make nods towards the trilogies (i.e. The millennium falcon ride).

The one exception is Epcot, whose design doesn't really support immersive individual lands in future world and would be a real hard sell for the size Star Wars demands with the small world showcase pavilions.

Honestly the biggest argument against AK is that it is somewhat redundant with Pandora and the fact WDW seems content sharing R&D with DLR whose third park will not be Animal Kingdom.

HauntedMansionFLA

When and if they add more SW, it will also be a new galactic location unique to the parks.

They can add planet Natazhu, run by sentient conservationist hippy goats. Square peg, but SW is essentially a genre now more than an IP. They can adapt it easily to the park messaging, if that's the motivation. Especially with their second go around they are even less hamfisted to make nods towards the trilogies (i.e. The millennium falcon ride).

The one exception is Epcot, whose design doesn't really support immersive individual lands in future world and would be a real hard sell for the size Star Wars demands with the small world showcase pavilions.

Honestly the biggest argument against AK is that it is somewhat redundant with Pandora and the fact WDW seems content sharing R&D with DLR whose third park will not be Animal Kingdom.
I agree that there will be a Star Wars phase 2 somewhere in the parks. No idea where. Before the big DHS announcement, I thought Disney would go with pushing Star Wars into EPCOT - East side of Future World. It would mainly be ride makeovers with some theme ing in front of each attraction like Star Tours. Mission Space would become the Falcon ride, Test Track would be a Speeder or Pod Racing, Universe of Energy would be a slow ride through the SW movies, WOL would be the new location for Star Tours and Innoventions East would be the meet and greets. They are going all out at DHS.

Cesar R M

Ewoks in AK isn't a good match despite the village based on what I seen from Return of the Jedi through the years. The Forrest moon of Endor wasn't respected by the ewoks by using logs as a way to defeat at-at's the empire was using. The only thing I know the village is they got a chief, and they do cook things and do gatherings. The scenes in that movie with the village involved the capture of Han, Luke, the wookie, and the 2 droids, 3po discussed the battles between the rebels and the empire, and the scene between Luke and Leia before Luke surrenders himself.

There might be more than that about the ewoks that makes a stronger case for AK, but it happened at time when I was not into Star Wars not in the mid 1980's when I was a kid.

George Lucas after return of the Jedi made a couple a return of the Jedi film spinoffs in 1984 and 1985, and an Ewoks cartoon for 2 years back in 1985 and 1986.
There were an animated series about the ewoks.. just fyi.

wdwfan4ver

speaking of these cartons.. are they considered CANON? or they are now worthless like the Expanded Universe?
The Cartoon is worthless. It is due to the cartoon series being follow up to the 2 television Ewok Films.

Disney doesn't recognize the 2 ework Television films at all despite being spinoffs from return of the Jedi.

Last edited:

mousekedoc

Premium Member
I'm new at this, please forgive me if this has been asked or answered, but
If Star Tours is where it is and The Muppets Courtyard is where it is, how does one get from Star Tours to the new Star Wars Land without bumping into a muppet?

No Name

I'm new at this, please forgive me if this has been asked or answered, but
If Star Tours is where it is and The Muppets Courtyard is where it is, how does one get from Star Tours to the new Star Wars Land without bumping into a muppet?

Just watch where you're walking!

No, in all seriousness, you'll have to walk by Muppet Courtyard to get from Star Tours to Star Wars Land. That does not make much sense, which is why people believe Star Tours will eventually be rethemed to something non-Star-Wars.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
Just watch where you're walking!

No, in all seriousness, you'll have to walk by Muppet Courtyard to get from Star Tours to Star Wars Land. That does not make much sense, which is why people believe Star Tours will eventually be rethemed to something non-Star-Wars.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but repurposing Star tours makes sense. Or, and I've been thinking about this for a while, maybe Ewoks can meander back and forth between SWL and Star Tours, melding both IPs?! Sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom