Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Jones14

I think I'm bothered more by the lack of quality than the lack of attractions, because the latter can (and will) be fixed over time. Entire lands rarely get the chopping block, and it will be very hard to recover from Toy Story Land's missteps without gutting it and starting over.

Casper Gutman

I think I'm bothered more by the lack of quality than the lack of attractions, because the latter can (and will) be fixed over time. Entire lands rarely get the chopping block, and it will be very hard to recover from Toy Story Land's missteps without gutting it and starting over.

Sadly, the most optimistic way to look at TSL is as Star Wars Land expansion pad #1 (well, I think they have one built in, but you get the idea).

C Martell

IMG_0536.jpg

A plan based on all the avalible data from several months ago. It was clear that they were building somerhing else. Too much land left in the design...

C Martell

IMG_0538.jpg

Very nice images. While I sincerely appreciate the intel, I'm quite confident in the scale and spacial relations. As an architect of over twenty years, I've used a few tricks to ensure that this layout is accurate in at least the existing architecture and property boundaries. High-rez satellite maps composited with the land use plans submitted to the local planing board from Disney accounts for the changes in the overall design. It's very clear from current construction off the neighboring highway and additional road construction plans that the entrance is being moved to another corner of the property to allow for the removal of the existing entrance road in its entirety.

Last edited:

HMF

View attachment 200386
A plan based on all the avalible data from several months ago. It was clear that they were building somerhing else. Too much land left in the design...
I don't want to make too big a deal with this but the attraction has been open for nearly 10 years and people (and Disney's Marketing Department) still refuse to call Toy Story "MIDWAY" Mania! by it's full name.

peter11435

I don't want to make too big a deal with this but the attraction has been open for nearly 10 years and people (and Disney's Marketing Department) still refuse to call Toy Story "MIDWAY" Mania! by it's full name.
I believe midway will be dropped entirely when it's new entrance is constructed.

Slowjack

I understand if the insiders can't tell us right now, but are we entering Big Bird through the Falcon's entrance ramp? I just feel like it's weird to have the Falcon parked outside of the ride.
I'm no insider, but from what I have seen and gathered, the answer is no. The Falcon we see in the concept art will not have a guest-accessible interior. Instead, it will be used by "streetmosphere" characters to enter and leave the area. Although it may seem odd that we have a Falcon ride, and a Falcon, and the two are distinct, if you think about how the queue on the Falcon ride is supposed to work, presumably we should only be a few steps away from the cockpit once we get inside, while in reality we would still need to descend and schlep over to the show building. So to preserve immersion I expect the (long!) queue will take us through a hangar and end at the hatch of a second, partial Falcon.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 200393
Very nice images. While I sincerely appreciate the intel, I'm quite confident in the scale and spacial relations. As an architect of over twenty years, I've used a few tricks to ensure that this layout is accurate in at least the existing architecture and property boundaries. High-rez satellite maps composited with the land use plans submitted to the local planing board from Disney accounts for the changes in the overall design. It's very clear from current construction off the neighboring highway and additional road construction plans that the entrance is being moved to another corner of the property to allow for the removal of the existing entrance road in its entirety.
Star Wars buildings are a bit off shape - wise. I posted an outline somewhere in this thread of the shapes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom