Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

The 3rd attraction ship has sailed... or the Bantha has been let loose...

The plans are set and locked in. It had its chance; but, ultimately - paying for it was something Orlando didn't want and it cost both coasts their kinetic motion rides.

When future SW comes, it won't be at the existing port.

Maybe you don't know everything? And maybe Orlando won't have a choice?

And then maybe we don't get it ...

JediMasterMatt

Maybe you don't know everything? And maybe Orlando won't have a choice?

And then maybe we don't get it ...

Then again...

Maybe they said they didn't want to pay for it and maybe then OneDisney sorta imploded and one resort won't hamper another in the future and maybe one of the two resorts could've gotten it and maybe they've decided to stop construction on a project already underway to re-re-engineer the inclusion of an RV path that was already excluded and maybe they've decided to delay both coasts and let crews already onsite get furloughed to allow the time for all of this to take shape again...

Or then again...

Maybe it really isn't coming since it's not in any of the artwork hasn't and had any infrastructure dedicated to it on the construction plans being used currently and maybe the collective insiders that have shared as much as the can (including the sad tale of the ride's demise) haven't said anything about it returning.

Of course old ideas never die completely. If this comes back, it won't be in the current planet/space port though. There's no space to put it in now. They reworked those areas after it got axed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Any Idea where that might be?
@MisterPenguin @Magic Feather

If I had to guess I would say in this area.

upload_2017-4-19_18-6-40.png

RSoxNo1

@Magic Feather , @marni1971 , @MansionButler84
Just curious, how much validity are you putting in the idea of a third attraction for SWL making it as part of the 'phase 1
plans? I hate using "Phase 1" but it is what it is. . .
The 3rd attraction that's being discussed is this streetmasphere / live the story component that at first glance appears to be tied to the Star Wars hotel.

doctornick

The imagineers and the guys at Lucasarts gave a solid reason for making it a new place, vs rehashing an existing location at the panel at Star Wars Celebration.

The short version is we already know what happened at Hoth, Tatooine, Yavin, etc and they already have an established history and expectations. By creating a new land they create a new chapter to the story and can start from a blank page.

There's various reasons that they could have chosen to go with a new location (besides the "official" reasoning) but regardless of why, the good news is that creating a new location actually is better for theme park storytelling purposes. It enables the creatives to have much more flexibility without being beholden to the expectations of obsessive fans who would complain is something is not quite right. I'm actually pretty excited by the prospect of a totally new world that we don't really know anything about.

I would actually say that using a novel location is far more ambitious than simply cutting and pasting a location that already exists on film.

doctornick

When future SW comes, it won't be at the existing port.

Hmmmm.... I'm not expecting a third ride as part of the initial build, but @marni1971 has mentioned that there is an "expansion pad" for DHS accounted for in the buffer area between the SW land and the area of TSMM and GMR. I always kind of assumed that if they were expanded SW in the future with a new attraction, it would go there and it would be part of the initial Star Wars area (not a new/different planet). I can't see that area being used for a new, separate land.

Do you have different info on where a theoretically future SW expansion would be located in DHS?

doctornick

Welcome. Between Pandora and SWL, WDI is doing some great things. Too bad TSL got dialed back. At one time, I was told that area was going to be plussed. Not so much anymore

I'm actually less bothered by TSL being value engineered than I am about the loss of a third land for DHS. While I don't in general advocate skimping on quality, DHS needs a quantity of attractions more than anything considering what is being planned. A general Pixar themed area with a couple of smaller dark rides would really work to round out the park and compliment what exists and is planned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom