Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Florida_is_hot

Seen the picture logging into the site.
So if I understand correctly the area where the "Streets of America" was, the stunt show with the cars can not remember the name, and Catastrophe Canyon will have attractions devoted to Star Wars ?

Did Disney give a date when this project will open ?
In the past they been extremely slow I am only 55 but I hope (my New Hope) I am still alive when it is finished.

Seems like Universal tears down a good part of their park puts in things like "Harry Potter Land" in no time.
Disney ......

Princess Leia

So if I understand correctly the area where the "Streets of America" was, the stunt show with the cars can not remember the name, and Catastrophe Canyon will have attractions devoted to Star Wars ?

In the past they been extremely slow I am only 55 but I hope (my New Hope) I am still alive when it is finished.

Seems like Universal tears down a good part of their park puts in things like "Harry Potter Land" in no time.
Disney ......
It's looking like 2019 for the Star Wars Experience (I think that's still the name), and 2018 for Toy Story Land.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Disney ......

Lights Motors Action, a good part of Streets of America, but most of the Cat Canyon area will be backstage area and not directly part of SWL.

HauntedMansionFLA

I know they are putting in parking where the trees have been cleared out on the other side of the road going into DHS. Was that part of the area that they were going to expand the park into while making Star Wars Land. If so, it's a shame that Disney didn't go ahead with that build and put more attractions in where SOA was located at. Probably a big missed opportunity when all said and done.
Star-Wars-Land_Full_29326.jpg

Dec 20, 2016. Photo by CJ Berzin @BerzinPhotography. Star Wars Land aerial view.. Photos ... [Read more]
Photo 5 of 6

HauntedMansionFLA

I know they are putting in parking where the trees have been cleared out on the other side of the road going into DHS. Was that part of the area that they were going to expand the park into while making Star Wars Land. If so, it's a shame that Disney didn't go ahead with that build and put more attractions in where SOA was located at. Probably a big missed opportunity when all said and done.

Dec 20, 2016. Photo by CJ Berzin @BerzinPhotography. Star Wars Land aerial view.. Photos ... [Read more]
Photo 5 of 6
I just noticed the resort on the top part of the picture. Which one is that? To bad they didn't build SWL there and had some sort of connection to that part of the park. Another deluxe resort.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just noticed the resort on the top part of the picture. Which one is that? To bad they didn't build SWL there and had some sort of connection to that part of the park. Another deluxe resort.

That's Art of Animation and Pop Century. There is actually plenty of room between that new parking area and Victory way to build a new resort if they wanted to.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Photo 5 of 6

As long as they just build surface parking and not garages then it wouldn't be a big deal to move the parking in the future and expand into that area if they wanted to.

jt04

I honestly don't know. They have filed permits to prep that land but still haven't filed the permits for what will actually be built there.

I guess I will open the can of worms. Any chance they are rethinking everything? In the manner of HW vs DS.

jt04

Photo 5 of 6

Hmmmm.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I guess I will open the can of worms. Any chance they are rethinking everything? In the manner of HW vs DS.

The Osceola interchange permit has part of the new entrance road, but doesn't seem to show a new toll plaza of how it will connect to the existing parking, so I think they might still be locking down the parking details. I honestly don't believe we will see a change that expands attractions into the area where the new parking is being built.

upload_2016-12-23_7-14-19.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom