Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

WDWbuff2001

Would it even be possible to re theme ST into a muppets ride? Is Muppets courtyard close enough to even to pull that off.
Hopefully we will start to get some video footage of the SWL area like the video coming in showing the DLR worksite.

Is that even a possibility for Star Tours to be Muppets?

Princess Leia

So it's confirmed, Star Tours will be rethemed to The Muppets and it will include random sequences and be inspired by the fake Muppets movie posters.

OK, I know we're joking here, but that would be awesome.
That's honestly probably the next best thing since we're never getting the Great Muppet Movie ride. Too bad it won't happen though.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
art nouvou tunnel entrance will take the path through a berm in an S shape into SWL.

If they're keeping that "wall" of Streets of America, I'd personally love to see the street "dead end" in the facade of a movie theater. The movie theater has a marquise edged in chaser lights with the words "Now Playing: Star Wars" on the marquise. The front of the theater adorned with movie posters of current and former Star Wars movies and possibly a "Coming Soon" section with a poster of the next coming Star Wars movie. You enter through the "front doors of the theater", but once inside, it's a mostly plain, mostly dark tunnel except for one LED lit sign hanging from the ceiling in blue lettering that reads "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...". As you round the corner out of the tunnel, you are greeted with the grand site of the land with the Main Theme from Star Wars playing on a loop as the first music you hear... could be really awesome if they took that route...

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Nah, they put in The Matterhorn in DHS last week.
Gee thanks, I was so confused about how it got to Florida. OR, perhaps I was wondering why pictures of Disneyland were included in a thread about DHS with no identification of such. Do we want, what's his name, to be getting all excited because DHS is way ahead of Disneyland and it will be opening the middle of next week?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Anything special about the simulator or something we haven't seen before?

@marni1971 can probably answer that better.

A combination of little things... rotating ride system (for capacity as opposed to show experience), multiple exterior projection as opposed to a single in cabin screen, that kind of thing. And of course a more intimate experience.

RSoxNo1

A combination of little things... rotating ride system (for capacity as opposed to show experience), multiple exterior projection as opposed to a single in cabin screen, that kind of thing. And of course a more intimate experience.
Sounds like the best part of Mission: SPACE (the intimate experience) with better tech. For clarity I assume the rotating ride system isn't to simulate motion (like Mission: SPACE's centrifuge) but for throughput as you said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom