Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mawg

Thank you :)

I don't have specifics, but I know there is a lot of infrastructure and parking work due to be completed by 2019. With a not insignificant budget. Given the filed permits too I'd say it's still a go. The park as it is can't cope with busy parking and ease of exit, let alone once SWL opens.
So hopefully they get enough parking spaces for the masses that want to see the new Star Wars land. But I fear this park still will not be able to handle these crowds. 2 new Star Wars attractions, a new toy story land. What else are people going to want to do? Can you imagine the lines this will create for TSMM, RnR and ToT. This park still needs so much more to handle the crowds that Star Wars will bring. I don't think I will really enjoy Star Wars land at DHS until 2 years after it opens. Disneyland is a different story. It'll be packed in Star Wars land but when people are done with it there is enough to do that the crowds in the rest of the park will be light and enjoyable.

Here's hoping phase 3 can fix some problems.

P_Radden

So hopefully they get enough parking spaces for the masses that want to see the new Star Wars land. But I fear this park still will not be able to handle these crowds. 2 new Star Wars attractions, a new toy story land. What else are people going to want to do? Can you imagine the lines this will create for TSMM, RnR and ToT. This park still needs so much more to handle the crowds that Star Wars will bring. I don't think I will really enjoy Star Wars land at DHS until 2 years after it opens. Disneyland is a different story. It'll be packed in Star Wars land but when people are done with it there is enough to do that the crowds in the rest of the park will be light and enjoyable.

Here's hoping phase 3 can fix some problems.
Some have mentioned an unnanounced "3rd E-ticket"... Will this be the phase 3? And will this attraction be open before SWL?

JUFL2019

Uniqlo is currently selling Marvel merchandise including Spider-Man at its new Disney Springs location. Clearly it can be sold at WDW. It may be that Disney themselves cannot sell it I don't know about that.
Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men etc. cannot be sold in the parks, but I would think this means that Guardians and characters not used by Universal merchandise can be sold in the parks if they so please.
Disney sells Marvel merchandise in the parks now...has for a long time

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Some have mentioned an unnanounced "3rd E-ticket"... Will this be the phase 3? And will this attraction be open before SWL?

Not quite. Phase 3 has changed into additions - some small some not so - in various areas of the park. This attraction is part of that, as opposed to a whole new phased area. Right now the attraction is due to open around the same time as SWL.

clemmo

Not quite. Phase 3 has changed into additions - some small some not so - in various areas of the park. This attraction is part of that, as opposed to a whole new phased area. Right now the attraction is due to open around the same time as SWL.
So basically since the E-ticket will be opening near the timeframe of SWL it'll be a phase 2B. Then phase 3 likely some new entertainment? I'm hoping for an update to Fantasmic too which i'd think is likely since it's rumored for DL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So basically since the E-ticket will be opening near the timeframe of SWL it'll be a phase 2B. Then phase 3 likely some new entertainment? I'm hoping for an update to Fantasmic too which i'd think is likely since it's rumored for DL.
I don't think it could be referred to as a "phase" anymore.

New entertainment is planned, yes. And there are long term plans for Fantasmic.

Rteetz

Yeah you were calling it a phase 2B correct?

ToTBellHop

It's more that they are planning the rebirth of the park to coincide with SWL in late 2019. It would seem ops concerns led to the more logical choice to get work in the park done relatively quickly instead of drawn-out. As many have rightly stated here, it is impractical to open SWL (which will attract millions of new visitors to the park) while a large portion of the park is under construction.

Mike S

It's more that they are planning the rebirth of the park to coincide with SWL in late 2019. It would seem ops concerns led to the more logical choice to get work in the park done relatively quickly instead of drawn-out. As many have rightly stated here, it is impractical to open SWL (which will attract millions of new visitors to the park) while a large portion of the park is under construction.
Happy 30th anniversary DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom