Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

P_Radden

From @VashSky on twitter:
IMG_20160715_120309.jpg

DHSCM

Interesting. Does this mean that the Osborne Lights could return in some way? I understand if you can't answer.
No, why would they put Christmas lights in that proximity to TSL I get it people like SODL but if it were to ever return it would probably be at a resort of some sort not in the old capacity. It made sense before to be strung around facades of cities as if it was a big town but the small facade they will keep will most likely be where the NY facade is and it will get a refurb to match that surrounding area. Eg: muppets and transition from TSL to muppets.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The better solution for both resorts would've been a simultaneous opening so that everyone just goes to the park that's closest rather than a huge mass of people converging on one.

Only weirdos go opening day. Normal people break into the attraction 3 days before opening and have their pre-teen children try and figure out the "ride control" system while they sit in the ride vehicle and yell at them to get a move on because they're pretty sure those footsteps they hear are from security.

Daveeeeed

Uniqlo is currently selling Marvel merchandise including Spider-Man at its new Disney Springs location. Clearly it can be sold at WDW. It may be that Disney themselves cannot sell it I don't know about that.
Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men etc. cannot be sold in the parks, but I would think this means that Guardians and characters not used by Universal merchandise can be sold in the parks if they so please.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hey marni, in your sketch you drew the Streets of America facade as if it was staying there. Does this mean that it's staying or did you just draw it in there because you don't know what will be there and/or to use it as a point of reference?

It's such a small section of the façade, and it's going to be a major pathway into Star Wars Land, I can't see how it would be practical to put the lights back there.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
No, why would they put Christmas lights in that proximity to TSL I get it people like SODL but if it were to ever return it would probably be at a resort of some sort not in the old capacity. It made sense before to be strung around facades of cities as if it was a big town but the small facade they will keep will most likely be where the NY facade is and it will get a refurb to match that surrounding area. Eg: muppets and transition from TSL to muppets.
It's such a small section of the façade, and it's going to be a major pathway into Star Wars Land, I can't see how it would be practical to put the lights back there.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part.

Daveeeeed

I agree, doesn't really make much sense to put it there, but it's on the other side of the park from TSL. May I ask what does SODL stand for?

spresso81

That part should be staying more or less.

Hi Marni - so after reviewing your map (well done sir) and the satellite map, will Disney still be moving the toll road and/or building parking garages?

It looks like to complete the Star Wars and TSL expansion, no major changes are needed to the park's existing land mass.

If so it was originally reported, money was approved for such infrastructure improvements. Has this money been reallocated to this third-IP ride or anything else?

Thanks

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hi Marni - so after reviewing your map (well done sir) and the satellite map, will Disney still be moving the toll road and/or building parking garages?

It looks like to complete the Star Wars and TSL expansion, no major changes are needed to the park's existing land mass.

If so it was originally reported, money was approved for such infrastructure improvements. Has this money been reallocated to this third-IP ride or anything else?

Thanks
Thank you :)

I don't have specifics, but I know there is a lot of infrastructure and parking work due to be completed by 2019. With a not insignificant budget. Given the filed permits too I'd say it's still a go. The park as it is can't cope with busy parking and ease of exit, let alone once SWL opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom