Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member

KingOfEpicocity

Just further confirmation of what we expected, the Muppets isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Beyond what insiders have said, this is the single strongest piece of evidence that SWL is going in the Echo Lake area. Much easier to connect it to Star Tours from there, then if it is in the LMA area.

The reason that whole connecting star tours situation is no evidence to me is because of Disneyland. They're not connecting them there, and as much as I would like them to in Florida, there's no way to know for sure. But yes muppets is staying. Hoping we get an update

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The reason that whole connecting star tours situation is no evidence to me is because of Disneyland. They're not connecting them there, and as much as I would like them to in Florida, there's no way to know for sure. But yes muppets is staying. Hoping we get an update

I am not saying it's evidence that 100% puts it in Echo lake, but it is one piece of the puzzle. Unless SWL went into Tomorrowland in DL, connecting to Star Tours wasn't an option, but in DHS the connection is possible. If SWL goes in LMA I think it would be odd to have Star Tours so close but not connected.

Pam Hates Penguins

I am not saying it's evidence that 100% puts it in Echo lake, but it is one piece of the puzzle. Unless SWL went into Tomorrowland in DL, connecting to Star Tours wasn't an option, but in DHS the connection is possible. If SWL goes in LMA I think it would be odd to have Star Tours so close but not connected.

If SWL goes in the LMA/Backlot Tour area would phase 3 be in the Echo Lake/Indiana Jones area?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The difference is that they can't build SWL connected to Star Tours at DL. The placement at DL is not ideal, but is necessary. There is no reason not to build the SWL at DHS to incorporate Star Tours since they have the space.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would assume if SWL is not in echo lake/Indy area the only reason they would have to do that would be to keep Indy around which probably means no phase 3. I don't see it happening.

Logistically, having SWL in Echo Lake and Phase 3 in LMA makes the most sense. We know the construction access road will enter behind LMA, so it makes sense to do the park expansion from front to back.

KingOfEpicocity

Logistically, having SWL in Echo Lake and Phase 3 in LMA makes the most sense. We know the construction access road will enter behind LMA, so it makes sense to do the park expansion from front to back.

The idea of a giant Star Wars land visible from Hollywood Blvd just seems in likely. Like Disneyland, it needs to be tucked in. However they'll do that I don't know.

doctornick

I just hope they get started on whatever is going in for Phase 3 sooner rather than later. The park needs a lot of capacity increase and TSL and Star Wars are a nice start, but more is warranted and the SoA/LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area is huge and can support a lot of guest space.

Donaldfan1934

The idea of a giant Star Wars land visible from Hollywood Blvd just seems in likely. Like Disneyland, it needs to be tucked in. However they'll do that I don't know.
Not much different than Indiana Jones being in the end of Echo Lake and that doesn't disrupt much. DHS 2.0 is almost like a blank canvas. I'm sure that this will be a more natural addition here than it will be in California.

KingOfEpicocity

I just hope they get started on whatever is going in for Phase 3 sooner rather than later. The park needs a lot of capacity increase and TSL and Star Wars are a nice start, but more is warranted and the SoA/LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area is huge and can support a lot of guest space.

I'm still wondering why they're closing all of that FIRST.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom