Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There were rumours / discussions about Jedi Training moving into the ABC Sound Studio (previously home to Sounds Dangerous and the Frozen Fever short). But as @danlb_2000 says, there are permits to refurb the outdoor stage so I don't expect it to move soon, if at all.
That was indeed the plan for the first version of the expansion.

ctrlaltdel

I'm currently hearing that Echo is safe.
Could change.
So does that mean that SWL is going to take up more backstage space/parking lot than was initially indicated, or is it just shifting down to cover more of SoA? Because the answer to that could have big implications for Phase 3/further expansion of DHS.

twebber55

So does that mean that SWL is going to take up more backstage space/parking lot than was initially indicated, or is it just shifting down to cover more of SoA? Because the answer to that could have big implications for Phase 3/further expansion of DHS.
thats what i was thinking

djkidkaz

I don't think anyone knows anything anymore. Just a few weeks ago we were hearing that Disney was upset that someone on this site exposed the fact that the Echo Lake restaurants and buildings were going to be repurposed for Star Wars Land and used the concept art to mock up the changes. Now all of a sudden Echo Lake is apparently safe? Yeah I think I'll just wait for confirmation from Disney at this point.

DisneyRoy

Yes.

I expect onstage to remain roughly within the park boundary. Backstage areas to push into Television. That plus anticipated guest interest warrants the two new garages. 3 floors each. Plus it's a chance to sort out the parks parking and access finally all in one go.

Very interesting. I like this and dislike at the same time. Since it sounds like it's more of an expansion then I would expect most building to have to be from scratch instead of being able to use existing structures. Could take longer to build. At least they are getting started sooner rather than later.

gonnichi

Far as I know, SoA is not involved.

So what is going into the SoA area if the Osborne lights is ending after this season? It sounds like Star Wars and Toy Story are not going into SoA, so what is then if TDO is ending Osborne lights after this year? Phase 3 starts before X-mas 2016?

Last edited:

Lee

Adventurer
So what is going into the SoA area if the Osborne lights is ending after this season? It sounds like Star Wars and Toy Story are not going into SoA, so what is then if TDO is ending Osborne lights after this year? Phase 3 starts before X-mas 2016?
It might. Prep work for it, anyway.
Or, with the Osborne light days numbered, they might have decided to just end it sooner than later. Ripping off the band-aid, so to speak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom