Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

G00fyDad

Oof. I already thought $99 was wildly overpriced for building the droid. It's just snapping a few plastic pieces together; it felt like a ripoff and I would have told anyone who asked to skip it at $99. $120 is absurd.
I was on the fence about this and I now know for sure that I do not want to do this.

UNCgolf

I like the round droid me and the gf built a few years ago, still play with it. pretty cool how it works imo

I don't think the droids themselves are bad -- I just don't think they justify a $100+ price tag. The "building" experience adds very little.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
I don't think the droids themselves are bad -- I just don't think they justify a $100+ price tag.
The $99 included the "cool" experience (at least imo it was) as well.

Picking various parts on the converter belt. Having a work station with a dedicated CM to help you to build it. The hanging power drill. Activating the drone with fancy lights and sounds after pressing the blinking button. The cool-looking take-out box for it. It probably sounds ridiculous and cheezy, but that's what made it for me lol

It was raining the one night we did it, so our box got soaked and drenched. We went back a couple days later to ask for another box to take home and they gave us one. Little stuff like that helps I guess also.

Movielover

I don't think the droids themselves are bad -- I just don't think they justify a $100+ price tag. The "building" experience adds very little.
Right, I love my droid that I built and think he's worth the $99 I paid. but the building experience was just fine, compared to the experience of Savi's which I found a lot more entertaining and engaging.

Tom P.

This is terrible! The price you pay should be the price it was when you booked.
But I am not surprised. 👎
In fairness, think about booking an ADR for dining. If that restaurant raises its prices between the time you made the ADR and the time you dine there, do you expect them to honor the earlier, lower price for the food?

UNCgolf

In fairness, think about booking an ADR for dining. If that restaurant raises its prices between the time you made the ADR and the time you dine there, do you expect them to honor the earlier, lower price for the food?

That's not exactly a 1:1 comparison (maybe it is if the reservation is for a prix fixe meal?). It's closer to booking a hotel room at a certain price, and then the hotel deciding to increase the rate. That's generally not done, although I'm sure it has happened.

I assume people can cancel their reservations with no penalty, though?

Last edited:

Professortango1

That's not exactly a 1:1 comparison (maybe it is if the reservation is for a prix fixe meal?). It's closer to booking a hotel room at a certain price, and then the hotel deciding to increase the rate. That's generally not done, although I'm sure it has happened.

Agree, if you are reserving a package or something with a flat rate, that rate should be honored even if price changes occur.

gerarar

Premium Member
first-order-kylo-ren-show-returns-4-1068x712.jpg

first-order-kylo-ren-show-returns-7-1068x601.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It was supposed to be part of the redo that gave us TSL and SWL. In fact, it was where SWL was supposed to be located, with Battu’s current location holding an additional land, the third of the redesign. The parking lots and infrastructure were all rearranged to accommodate the new land. And then cuts. I’m sure their are many folks on these boards who can give you more details!

(Bringing this discussion to the appropriate thread. :) )

I'm no insider, but I thought I read there was at least one plan that had SWL going to the east and south of Star Tours, taking out some of the parking lot in that area:

1672418740494.png

There may have been more to the west, but I honestly cannot recall right now.

SpectreJordan

I'm no insider, but I thought I read there was at least one plan that had SWL going to the east and south of Star Tours, taking out some of the parking lot in that area:

View attachment 688873

Man, that's a nice amount of space. This park desperately needs that to be used.

_caleb

View attachment 688873

Maybe they'll move it when they move IASW to Epcot

Last edited:

mickEblu

Maybe the'll move it when they move IASW to Epcot

I know this has been a fan idea forever but has it ever really been considered? To me it makes a lot of sense. Move it to world showcase and give it a proper facade. Then you have a nice plot for a new E ticket in Fantasyland. Of course I’m not sure where or if they could even fit it into World Showcase somewhere.

HauntedMansionFLA

I know this has been a fan idea forever but has it ever really been considered? To me it makes a lot of sense. Move it to world showcase and give it a proper facade. Then you have a nice plot for a new E ticket in Fantasyland. Of course I’m not sure where or if they could even fit it into World Showcase somewhere.
The African area in world showcase has a nice plot of land

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom