News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There's no reason to think there will be a pool based on blueprints, but it (or other things) may be added later.

Yes, I know it's "not a hotel". Just like Animal Kingdom is "not a zoo".

But people will want various things for the price Disney is charging and not all will be exclusively tied to role playing.

They may not get some things they want for that money, but they will get other things that you don't get in other hotels. To turn it around on you, for the Price of the Grand Floridia I would expect transporation to a private part entrance.

_caleb

Yes, I know it's "not a hotel".
But people will want various things for the price Disney is charging and not all will be exclusively tied to role playing.
You must have seen something from Disney that I haven’t, then. Everything I’ve seen points to an immersive experience that lasts the whole two days; some in the Halcyon, some on Batuu. I haven’t seen any indication of “down time.”

There isn’t a pool at DHS, either.

Animaniac93-98

I assumed you were arguing that it should provide a pool, not just that people would expect one.

I don't care if it does or doesn't. I don't always use the pool when I go to a hotel.

I'm imagining people booking this, and asking CMs inside "where's the pool"?

Keep in mind the number of WDW guests who don't do their research and ask "where's Harry Potter Land"? Just because Disney markets and communicates things, doesn't mean guests will read them. Guests may even read everything there is to do and think that's just the Star Wars specific stuff and that there's more not explicitly advertised.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't care if it does or doesn't. I don't always use the pool when I go to a hotel.

I'm imagining people booking this, and asking CMs inside "where's the pool"?

Keep in mind the number of WDW guests who don't do their research and ask "where's Harry Potter Land"? Just because Disney markets and communicates things, doesn't mean guests will read them. Guests may even read everything there is to do and think that's just the Star Wars specific stuff and that there's more not explicitly advertised.

Except for clueless one-percenters, I think the price tag on this would have the average guest dig a little deeper than assume it's just hotel accommodations.

We'll see if Disney's reservation page and follow-up emails are emphatic about what this is and what it isn't.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Except for clueless one-percenters, I think the price tag on this would have the average guest dig a little deeper than assume it's just hotel accommodations.

We'll see if Disney's reservation page and follow-up emails are emphatic about what this is and what it isn't.

Is this hotel based on the space boom boom epics with Captain Kirk?

_caleb

I’m curious how they’ll handle atmospheric noise, like the engines of the Starcruiser. Will it be speakers playing white noise, or some actual machinery in the building?

Also (I know it’s a sore subject), will they have background music? Droid beeps and boops?

TiggerDad

There isn’t a pool at DHS, either.
Tell that to Gertie
IMG_0216.JPG

I actually agree with your point. :)

rsm

I’m curious how they’ll handle atmospheric noise, like the engines of the Starcruiser. Will it be speakers playing white noise, or some actual machinery in the building?

Also (I know it’s a sore subject), will they have background music? Droid beeps and boops?

The ice machine makes a nice rumble. Beyond that speakers do wonders.

Rogue1138

I agree. I don't think anyone is going to look at a $3000 room that you can only book for two nights and be confused where they are staying at. Disney is very careful to say this is a 2-night immersive adventure that just happens to have a place to sleep.

Rogue1138

You really think that will happen?

Absolutely. Disney has so much data on how much people who pay for experiences. They didn’t build multiple Club 33’s hoping people would get loans to go in.

The question I have is how sustainable is a two night experience is. It will sell out for at least the first few years but my guess when it dips in overnight guests (especially if another recession is on the horizon), I expect this is be a one day experience as a park add-in.

_caleb

Absolutely. Disney has so much data on how much people who pay for experiences. They didn’t build multiple Club 33’s hoping people would get loans to go in.

The question I have is how sustainable is a two night experience is. It will sell out for at least the first few years but my guess when it dips in overnight guests (especially if another recession is on the horizon), I expect this is be a one day experience as a park add-in.
This. Disney doesn’t always make the best choices and this particular project seems a bit more risky than, say, a dark ride clone, but they definitely will have done their homework before greenlighting this. I would imagine they have a contingency plan for the place as well.

SpoiledBlueMilk

You really think that will happen?

At some point, it's the fault of the idiot booking the room without doing their due diligence. Disney can and should only do so much to explain the situation to guests. If someone chooses to ignore the marketing and information Disney will absolutely blanket the website, phone-hold script, and social media with, then they deserve what they get.

tomast

I think it would have a different place for the reservation and not mixed with the other hoteles. And it would not be name "Star wars hotel" but instead something like "Star-Wars Cruise Experience".
Btw It is known if it going to include a ticket to DHS?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sadly we're expecting passengers to grasp the "Space Cruise" concept (that its NOT a hotel) yet these same people can't handle menus with fancy names and English descriptions below it. Disney will dumb this whole experience down I fear....

People can catch on to group role play after a while. The CMs and the other guests who 'get it' help them out.

That's different than someone staring at a menu with nonsense names being asked to give their order immediately.

Btw It is known if it going to include a ticket to DHS?

Unknown.

TJJohn12

Not as far as I know.

This site has a rendering of what we're supposed to believe is happening (we may see it out of our space windows), plus an artist concept of the airlock to the shuttle.

The site-that-shall-not-be-named got leaked some shuttle internal renderings a while back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom