News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

SWGalaxysEdge

10/16/19 #SWGEFL - New images of the Halycon:Galactic Starcruiser. Photos: @WDWjedimaster

01.png

02.png

03.png

kthomas105

Several posters have made the argument that this resort will be downgraded to a "value resort" due to repeatability or lack there of. Let me remind you that there is no reason the story line cannot change or be seasonal. Im sure anyone who makes a reservation will be included on a mailing list informing them of new and exciting expeditions. This is as repeatable as Disney makes it and even if disney makes no change people will still return for the same exact product. Why? because there is a portion of the population that loves familiarity and nostalgia. The only down side for this resprt is the price which I'm sure will have plenty of profit margin should it need to be adjusted for lack of demand.

The_Jobu

Several posters have made the argument that this resort will be downgraded to a "value resort" due to repeatability or lack there of. Let me remind you that there is no reason the story line cannot change or be seasonal. Im sure anyone who makes a reservation will be included on a mailing list informing them of new and exciting expeditions. This is as repeatable as Disney makes it and even if disney makes no change people will still return for the same exact product. Why? because there is a portion of the population that loves familiarity and nostalgia. The only down side for this resprt is the price which I'm sure will have plenty of profit margin should it need to be adjusted for lack of demand.

But you realize you're arguing that they can guarantee repeat visitors because they can change the story, unless they dont, in which case they can guarantee repeat visitors because of nostalgia? So no matter what they do, repeatability is assured?

kthomas105

But you realize you're arguing that they can guarantee repeat visitors because they can change the story, unless they dont, in which case they can guarantee repeat visitors because of nostalgia? So no matter what they do, repeatability is assured?
I'm arguing they have options and it’s premature to suggest the business model for this hotel is doomed. Especially considering Disney is pioneering a new niche market here.

No Name

There are actual legitimate reasons to believe this hotel will not succeed. I’m hoping it does succeed because it looks like it’ll really excel in storytelling. But this definitely banks on the IP, and this was announced before Star Wars’s popularity took a hit with The Last Jedi, Solo proceeded to flop, Disney admitted they oversaturated the market, and most importantly, Star Wars Land got off to a very slow start. When this was announced, I don’t think many anticipated where Star Wars as a franchise would be at this point.

But if the current vision fails, well, they’ll just alter the deal to make it more like a typical resort. And perhaps we will pray they don’t alter it further!

rle4lunch

There are actual legitimate reasons to believe this hotel will not succeed. I’m hoping it does succeed because it looks like it’ll really excel in storytelling. But this definitely banks on the IP, and this was announced before Star Wars’s popularity took a hit with The Last Jedi, Solo proceeded to flop, Disney admitted they oversaturated the market, and most importantly, Star Wars Land got off to a very slow start. When this was announced, I don’t think many anticipated where Star Wars as a franchise would be at this point.

But if the current vision fails, well, they’ll just alter the deal to make it more like a typical resort. And perhaps we will pray they don’t alter it further!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom