News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

raymusiccity

I wonder if perhaps we saw ground floor plans but the lower level we see on site is actually a basement for staff. After construction they will grade up to what is currently seen as the second level. Just a thought.
It's also possible that these hoteliers are snobs. It's sorta like there are no 'basements' in a Bloomingdales store! :happy:

gerarar

Premium Member
Anybody see that WDW N T article? I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post it. The shuttle concept was interesting.

Edit: I came across it in my TA Facebook page.
I guess I'll go ahead and attach the photos here so people don't have to go searching for it..

Supposed "concept art" for the shuttle transport to SW: GE Hotel^

DDLand

I guess I'll go ahead and attach the photos here so people don't have to go searching for it..
View attachment 399691View attachment 399692View attachment 399693View attachment 399694View attachment 399695View attachment 399696
Supposed "concept art" for the shuttle transport to SW: GE Hotel^
@WDW Pro has an excellent observation about this. He shares that the hotel was designed to be attached to Galaxy’s Edge. The land was moved to save some cash.

They have to go through all this effort to transport guests to the park this hotel was designed to be next to. You know what would be better than a glorified bus? A direct walkway allowing speedy walks back and forth.

Instead of a walkway, you have the added complexity of this bus. These executives are fools. To save a little money, they have devalued the customer experience for decades to come.

But what’s new?

Darth Snips

@WDW Pro has an excellent observation about this. He shares that the hotel was designed to be attached to Galaxy’s Edge. The land was moved to save some cash.

They have to go through all this effort to transport guests to the park this hotel was designed to be next to. You know what would be better than a glorified bus? A direct walkway allowing speedy walks back and forth.

Instead of a walkway, you have the added complexity of this bus. These executives are fools. To save a little money, they have devalued the customer experience for decades to come.

But what’s new?
Now, I obviously don't know what the walkway setup would have looked like, but I find this bus concept intriguing. I feel like a walkway would be difficult to truly justify in the story (how would you walk from a spaceship in orbit to a planet below?). Whereas a bus with projections, light, and sound effects could be WDW's response to the Hogwarts Express (which I consider to be one of the most underrated and unique experiences Universal has ever produced).

Like I said, I have no alternative compare this design to, but I don't think it's fair to dismiss this bus concept as inherently awful.

Rteetz

Now, I obviously don't know what the walkway setup would have looked like, but I find this bus concept intriguing. I feel like a walkway would be difficult to truly justify in the story (how would you walk from a spaceship in orbit to a planet below?). Whereas a bus with projections, light, and sound effects could be WDW's response to the Hogwarts Express (which I consider to be one of the most underrated and unique experiences Universal has ever produced).

Like I said, I have no alternative compare this design to, but I don't think it's fair to dismiss this bus concept as inherently awful.
Yeah I agree I prefer the bus to the walkway.

doctornick

But what’s new?

Doesn't make any sense to me anyway - if they wanted the hotel right next to SW:GE with a walkway entrance, they could have done so. Shifting the location of the land to where they did (over the Echo Lake/parking lot area) shouldn't have prevented that.

Anyway, the bus seems more interesting, albeit less convenient, than a direct entrance.

WDW Pro

The original plan was an elevated track that had you board a "ship" using screens and very simple tilting to make you immersed in the idea you were landing on Batuu. This would allow SWH guests a direct link to SWGE both ways. There's just no way to emulate that with a bus unfortunately.

rowrbazzle

The inside should look high-tech, and you won't see the outside.

I figured you wouldn't see it, but won't it still feel like you're riding a bus? Maybe they could have an electric bus with artificial sounds? That would be cool, but what about the ride itself? I've never been in space, but I imagine you'd need a lot of retrofitting to make a bus feel like a spaceship. 😆

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I figured you wouldn't see it, but won't it still feel like you're riding a bus? Maybe they could have an electric bus with artificial sounds? That would be cool, but what about the ride itself? I've never been in space, but I imagine you'd need a lot of retrofitting to make a bus feel like a spaceship. 😆

Since you are taking a shuttle from a space ship back and forth to a planet they could have video screens that simulate windows where what you see is synchronized with the movement of the bus.

jaxj21

According to That Other Site, the rumored price for smaller cabins:

Cabin for one? Pricing for a 2-night/3-day stay starts at $3,300 for one person, or just over $1,000 per person, per day. Cabins do sleep up to five passengers, so there’s also the option of maxing out the cabin occupancy for a relatively cheaper price per person. A cabin with five passengers would cost $7,200, or roughly $1,440 per person, for a more feasible $480 per person, per day price range.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom