News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

D6C70058-860B-47E8-87E5-16E780F11F71.jpeg

Casper Gutman

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb-te-Dumb, Dumb-te Dumb
(imagine if that $ was spent in the parks)

I like Star Wars as much as the next guy but this just seems a waste. Happy for all of these diehard SW fans though...
I am very, very curious as to what this resort will look like ten years after opening.

It certainly may be a timeless hit... but the words “Disney Institute” keep returning to my mind...

durangojim

I am very, very curious as to what this resort will look like ten years after opening.

It certainly may be a timeless hit... but the words “Disney Institute” keep returning to my mind...
At least for those of us who love Star Wars and Disney, it will provide a great experience initially. My family and I will do it at least once, just not sure if we'll do it again after.

Unplugged

Sorry all, skipped a few pages here and there as it's a lot to read for what seems simple enough. So sorry if this is a repeat of arm-chair-imagineering. As others have stated, this is a short route, most likely direct with an overpass over incoming traffic to ensure no road issues and allow perfect speed control. Using screens as Uni did with Hogwarts Express, you have visibility covered (also refer to Mission:Space). So if the "transport to the outpost" is built on a bus platform with a hydraulics system similar to the Dinosaur/Indy ride vehicles, using the synchronized video, and controlled pathway, this is both a no-brainer and super easy for them to accomplish.

Hmm. After reasoning that out, I now want to ride that transport!

kthomas105

Sorry all, skipped a few pages here and there as it's a lot to read for what seems simple enough. So sorry if this is a repeat of arm-chair-imagineering. As others have stated, this is a short route, most likely direct with an overpass over incoming traffic to ensure no road issues and allow perfect speed control. Using screens as Uni did with Hogwarts Express, you have visibility covered (also refer to Mission:Space). So if the "transport to the outpost" is built on a bus platform with a hydraulics system similar to the Dinosaur/Indy ride vehicles, using the synchronized video, and controlled pathway, this is both a no-brainer and super easy for them to accomplish.

Hmm. After reasoning that out, I now want to ride that transport!
It will be a super effective and immersive as a form of transport definitely on par with HWE. Don’t expect an overpass with this one though, the roads the bus will cross will not have a steady stream of traffic and the bus can have “right of way” with simple traffic lights.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
This small, potentially claustrophobic, experience hotel has all the makings of a Disney Institute. We would all love a fun, other-worldly, cool, Star Wars Disney World Resort, but I doubt this will be that hotel. I predict an initial demand, then a black hole.
Star Trek: The Experience ran for 10 years...

Jambo Joe

The capacity of this place is by all accounts small - won’t take that many diehards to populate it. There would also likely be a fair number of sci if fans that would find it cool to simulate beings in space for a couple days. I do agree it may feel claustrophobic in that you have no access to the outside world - perhaps there will be a ‘hydroponic garden’ with access to fresh air and a sky that they will play off as a simulated sky.

MrPromey

I think that depends. With the changes to the parking lot entrance, I don't see a whole lot of reason that a major chunk of the space between the resort and Galaxy's Edge couldn't potentially end up becoming land expansion of there is enough demand... and if they agressively add to the land within a decade, and charge enough to stay at this resort to cover updates to keep it from feeling dated, demand could probably remain high for some time.

If Universal had somehow pulled off a Hogwarts resort somewhere behind/between Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios I'm sure they'd find themselves similarly untroubled with keeping rooms booked.

Dsiney institute was huge and therefore, in a lot of ways, more ambitious than this project is. If wose really comes to worse, I imagine this could become backstage space for something until the park eventually expands into the footprint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom