News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
While I doubt they will, would be cool if instead of just pulling up in front of the hotel like a normal hotel.

They should build an Earth Launch center, where you arrive and board a shuttle to be launched up to the spaceship.

Could use the same launch bay and vehicle as the Hotel to Galaxy Edge connection.

This facility would include check in and a place to get into "uniform". And have your luggage loaded into Transport Containers

This is pretty much how it is believed it will work...

mm121

This is pretty much how it is believed it will work...

Thanks

The arrival experience seems rather underwhelming.

A fake elevator vs a spaceship ride.

The whole place seems rather small without much recreation, but guess we will have to wait and see what storytelling part adds

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks

The whole place seems rather small without much recreation, but guess we will have to wait and see what storytelling part adds

It's quite possible the elevator will simulate a space ship ride.

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks

I’m guessing you may not be the target audience then.

If the idea of spending 3 days (2.5 maybe) immersed in a Star Wars environment isn’t sufficient “recreation”, then you probably won’t want to be paying whatever this ends up costing.

From the much earlier discussions, I had it priced at $6K for us, if the “boys” shared with us, or $8K if they had their own room. That was the ballpark figure IIRC.

Spoon full of Sugar

Any thoughts about the Star Wars themed hotel supposedly being built next to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge? Do you think its been postponed ahead of the 2021 projected opening? Disney currently has so many projects going on right now and maybe this isn't at the top of their list like the Main Street Theater. What are your thoughts?
I'm thinking the SW hotel would def be a part of the 50th celebration. Makes sense to have a grand list of new openings for this event. Thoughts?

nickys

Premium Member
I'm thinking the SW hotel would def be a part of the 50th celebration. Makes sense to have a grand list of new openings for this event. Thoughts?

Well construction has started, just go back a few pages.

There’s already a long list of things due between 2020 and 2022, just depends on how things go. For this, I imagine the earliest we’ll see anything is that traditional “Fall 2021”, but I guess it depends on the technology and CM training.

SWGalaxysEdge

I missed it, but my wife saw a report on HLN news this morning about hotel.
They said it would run around $800/night (don't know if that is per person or just for the group)

SWGalaxysEdge

New pictures from ground level. credit: Tom Bricker, disneytouristblog.com

star-wars-hotel-starship-resort-disney-world-1402.jpg

star-wars-hotel-starship-resort-disney-world-1403.jpg

star-wars-hotel-starship-resort-disney-world-1404.jpg

star-wars-hotel-starship-resort-disney-world-1405.jpg

star-wars-hotel-starship-resort-disney-world-1406.jpg

MickeyMinnieMom

They said it would run around $800/night (don't know if that is per person or just for the group)
Seems too low to be for the room. This is comparable to a lot of deluxe hotel rooms, even below that when comparing to some views or some times of year. Maybe like a cruise, this could be per night for the room based on double occupancy and you pay more for additional people?? I'm more inclined to think it's per person.

Hawg G

Seems too low to be for the room. This is comparable to a lot of deluxe hotel rooms, even below that when comparing to some views or some times of year. Maybe like a cruise, this could be per night for the room based on double occupancy and you pay more for additional people?? I'm more inclined to think it's per person.

Definitely per person. It will likely include park admission, since part of the hotel experience is a ride to there. And it had best include food too, if they keep comparing it to cruise ships. Not bad for an adult. Insane for little kids. Can't see paying 800 a night for my then 5 or so year old daughter.

MickeyMinnieMom

It seems most people were not around for this thread... maybe required reading for some.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/star-wars-themed-resort-confirmed.929268/

I guess this is no longer good info? @lentesta?

Required reading? ALL of the above is conjecture or hearsay -- that old thread, that tweet, this thread. It's ALL been guessing and hearsay so far -- nothing I'd take to the bank or anywhere close... thus the continued guessing and thoughts on it.

Someone mentioned an HLN segment where a price of $800 was mentioned (unclear to them whether per person or per night)... was this Disney announcing it? Someone guessing it? I couldn't find the segment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom