News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

BatStang2000

Ok, someone said "Horton" to which marni71 replied "miles and miles and miles..." Well, Horton hears a "Who" and The Who sings "I can see for miles and miles and miles..." but it starts with and H, so how about the HOOTEL ??

180º

Ok, someone said "Horton" to which marni71 replied "miles and miles and miles..." Well, Horton hears a "Who" and The Who sings "I can see for miles and miles and miles..." but it starts with and H, so how about the HOOTEL ??
Yeah, “Horton” was my dumb guess. Shout out to you for being the only one not to give me so much hate for it. ;)

Alright insiders, last chance to deny “Hubble” before I expect to see it on one of @MisterPenguin ‘s spreadsheets.

anchorman314

I think someone may have already mentioned this name, but if it's a 6-letter proper name starting with H, and has a Six Degrees of Separation connection like every other secret project, Howard fits the bill (pun fully intended). Howard the Duck is a Marvel property, the movie was produced by George Lucas, and there are two moons.

nickys

Premium Member
Okay, let’s just call it, shall we?

The code name for the Star Wars hotel project is “Hubble.”

Until someone with more knowledge says otherwise.

They have all but said it! Bearing in mind they probably have their reasons for not actually stating it in black and white, we have confirmation.

We have a like on the post that guessed it, and on posts that asked "so it's Hubble?" From the person who kick- started the game in the first place. What more do you need?!

nickys

Premium Member
I'm not sure what the point of having a game of guessing the Project name, when someone guesses correctly and then it isn't acknowledged as being correct so everyone keeps guessing other names.

The first correct answer was missed. And then the next time correct answer was guessed was acknowledged!

The fact that people didn't stop was because the acknowledgement was oblique, and people didn't notice, even when I and others pointed it out!

180º

They have all but said it! Bearing in mind they probably have their reasons for not actually stating it in black and white, we have confirmation.

We have a like on the post that guessed it, and on posts that asked "so it's Hubble?" From the person who kick- started the game in the first place. What more do you need?!
Sorry I made you spell it out. I meant my posts in good humor, but as we all know tone doesn’t translate well over the Internet. I really do have the utmost respect for our insiders.

ppete1975

So if it is Hubble does that mean the hotel will open and all the screens will be slightly out of focus???

;)
well its Disney so it will prob go way over budget then as soon as its finished they will find out they have to put a lot more money into it to fix things they should have seen when in development/construction. So yeah pretty appropriate name.

lentesta

Premium Member
I have a small bit of information on how the hotel's game play may work.

Disney's writing a handful of stories that guests will play in. Each story will contain many steps. (As an example from the movies, one story is Episode IV is "Escape from the Death Star", and one step in that story is "Disable the Tractor Beam.")

It would be bad to have families waiting in line to disable the tractor beam - you lose the feeling of being in the story. So you only want one family at a time anywhere near the tractor beam.

The problem is that you can't predict exactly how long it's going to take each family to finish the steps *before* they get to the Tractor Beam. That's because for good game play, you want to give them the freedom to take 5, 10, or 15 minutes to complete those steps - you don't want every step to take a specific, set time.

So you know that X families will need to visit the one Tractor Beam room. You don't know exactly when any of them is going to arrive. But you need to schedule them precisely and without conflicts.

It looks like Disney is going to solve this with two things:

1) You're going to have a "guide" who tells you the next step of the game, why it's important, and what you have to do. (It's your Dungeon Master - let's call it what it is.)

2) In addition to the regular steps in every story, the DM will be able to send you on any number of side quests that take a variable amount of time. These side quests will enable the DM to "buy time" before sending you on the next, formal step of the story.

For example, if your next step is to visit the tractor beam, but another family just went into the tractor beam step and it takes 20 minutes to complete that task, the DM will send you to find someone at a bar and ask them a question, and tell you to come back within 20 minutes so you can relay it via satellite to someone else.

This is a fairly complicated scheduling problem (it's NP-hard, fam) and requires custom software to be written. Because of that, WDI isn't working on this part - it's straight from the PhDs at Disney Research.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I have a small bit of information on how the hotel's game play may work.

Disney's writing a handful of stories that guests will play in. Each story will contain many steps. (As an example from the movies, one story is Episode IV is "Escape from the Death Star", and one step in that story is "Disable the Tractor Beam.")

It would be bad to have families waiting in line to disable the tractor beam - you lose the feeling of being in the story. So you only want one family at a time anywhere near the tractor beam.

The problem is that you can't predict exactly how long it's going to take each family to finish the steps *before* they get to the Tractor Beam. That's because for good game play, you want to give them the freedom to take 5, 10, or 15 minutes to complete those steps - you don't want every step to take a specific, set time.

So you know that X families will need to visit the one Tractor Beam room. You don't know exactly when any of them is going to arrive. But you need to schedule them precisely and without conflicts.

It looks like Disney is going to solve this with two things:

1) You're going to have a "guide" who tells you the next step of the game, why it's important, and what you have to do. (It's your Dungeon Master - let's call it what it is.)

2) In addition to the regular steps in every story, the DM will be able to send you on any number of side quests that take a variable amount of time. These side quests will enable the DM to "buy time" before sending you on the next, formal step of the story.

For example, if your next step is to visit the tractor beam, but another family just went into the tractor beam step and it takes 20 minutes to complete that task, the DM will send you to find someone at a bar and ask them a question, and tell you to come back within 20 minutes so you can relay it via satellite to someone else.

This is a fairly complicated scheduling problem (it's NP-hard, fam) and requires custom software to be written. Because of that, WDI isn't working on this part - it's straight from the PhDs at Disney Research.
I need this right now.

Question though. Were you using the Episode IV example just as an example? I'd rather they develop original stories rather than have you play out stories we already know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom