News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

briangaw

Hmmmmm this site would make sense and explain why they stockpiled the dirt where they did on the parking lot site. Used the conveyor belt to get it across the street and close to where you want to put it. Also get the secondary benefit of parking lot compaction. The area covered by the current dirt pile is conservatively 4 acres but it is piled more then 10 feet for sure. This may be a great discovery. Stars are aligning.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yellow is the size of the clean and fill permit. Within that permit, the orange indicates where they plan to pile up dirt 10 feet high, which could indicate the footprint of the resort. The construction road that runs past the fill mound is indicated as staying, which could mean everything on the other side of the road will be parking.

Or, everything within the yellow borders will eventually get a layer of dirt to raise up the land.

The white tower is where the boring will take place. My guess for a pond.

View attachment 274705

It's also possible that they are just going to use this area to stockpile the dirt and actually build a little further out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah, but, @peter11435 is saying that Project H is the SW Resort, so, it would need to be contiguous, no?

Yes, but just because Project H is the hotel doesn't mean that the areas we have seen in the current permits is where the construction will actually happen. Both of these permits are for support work related to the project, not for the actual construction of the hotel. There will need to be an additional permit for that.

briangaw

Yes, but just because Project H is the hotel doesn't mean that the areas we have seen in the current permits is where the construction will actually happen. Both of these permits are for support work related to the project, not for the actual construction of the hotel. There will need to be an additional permit for that.

Very true. But would they spend the money clearing more space to store dirt (that is currently stored it would seem on a future parking area that is in no rush to be done quite yet) to just then clear another area entirely for the hotel? And you are so right more permits to come and I am sure with your great work we will be the first to see them when they do come down the line! Do you remember if the water management district plans for the new parking etc included this area as well? Wonder if they will need water district plans too?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Very true. But would they spend the money clearing more space to store dirt (that is currently stored it would seem on a future parking area that is in no rush to be done quite yet) to just then clear another area entirely for the hotel? And you are so right more permits to come and I am sure with your great work we will be the first to see them when they do come down the line! Do you remember if the water management district plans for the new parking etc included this area as well? Wonder if they will need water district plans too?

They may want to move the dirt while the conveyor is still there and while they still need to move first from the retention pond area. I expect that the hotel will go in this area, but I am just offering other possibilities. The plans for the parking did not cover this area. They will need water management district permits for the hotel since it will create new non-permeable surfaces.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Come to think of it. The area in which they are doing the boring, which I assumed would become a pond, may actually be the place they'll be pushing all that dirt onto.

ppete1975

I'm really shocked they haven't started yet. I was expecting them to have it done near the opening of ge. Or at least have the start of the structure with a big COMING SOON sign that showed what its to look like. (they still have time for that I guess)

TiggerDad

Project H***** is the Star Wars Hotel
Ok, I've got three guesses:
Project Hangar because you use coat hangars in your hotel room closet and also hangars to house starships
Project Hamill because Luke came up with the idea for this and Disney has to pay him off with naming rights
Project Hoover because it's like a hovercraft but they're going to vacuum all the money out of your pockets to stay there.

If we're not limited to the six characters implied by the asterisks, I'm rooting for Project Han Shot First.

peter11435

Ok, I've got three guesses:
Project Hangar because you use coat hangars in your hotel room closet and also hangars to house starships
Project Hamill because Luke came up with the idea for this and Disney has to pay him off with naming rights
Project Hoover because it's like a hovercraft but they're going to vacuum all the money out of your pockets to stay there.

If we're not limited to the six characters implied by the asterisks, I'm rooting for Project Han Shot First.
It is 6. And nothing that has been mentioned in this thread.

sedati

Named after the first hotel in space?
1522815137158.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom