News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

HauntedMansionFLA

Here is a question for you all...

If the resort is completely immersive, is there TV available? Turn on CNN or Disney Channel back down on earth? I’ll make a prediction that if there was a TV in the room it would be the same screen “window” that you see outside to space. Just a therory but very space like to turn the wall into a tv.
You get to see Stacy

Indy_UK

I think they may have Star Wars content on loop in the rooms but that’s all. Be awesome if they recoded a little exclusive content for the rooms but unlikely

KingEllias7171955

Here is a question for you all...

If the resort is completely immersive, is there TV available? Turn on CNN or Disney Channel back down on earth? I’ll make a prediction that if there was a TV in the room it would be the same screen “window” that you see outside to space. Just a therory but very space like to turn the wall into a tv.

I doubt that their will be any TV at all. It seems like there will be so many things to do at the resort that their won't be any time for TV. I don't even think that anyone would notice if there wasn't any TV at the resort, there are going to be so many other things to be entertained by. If they do break and decide that they need to include TV it will probably "discovered on earth" or something and it will be on some weird screen. People have phones and ipads and stuff now so I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't include Tv at all.

KingEllias7171955

I think that the best way to "seamlessly connect" the two would be, as slowjack pointed out, a Hogwarts express type of thing. They could use those trains in the solo trailer as the vehicles, but instead of windows they would use screens, like HE. Maybe every three minutes or so they could have some sort of scene play out inside of the train, randomly drawn from an assortment of twenty or so scenes. That could be a good way to use the magic bench () as they could do a ton of stuff with that technology like maybe have some porgs invade your compartment or something, and you would feel them on your seat and see them in a "mirror" which is actually a screen. Some other things they could do:

Have the train "breakdown" and fill the train with steam
Have some stormtroopers run through the train, lead by phasmsa or kylo or vader or someone
have some blaster pop up from below seats of from the ceiling or something and show some enemy ships outside on the screens and have the passengers blast them
Have droids walk around every once in a while
Have guests use the "force" to push open a door or knock over some fake luggage or something like that and somehow sense when guests push out their arm
Make it seem like some animals have escaped and not actually show them but cast their shadows on the wall and project noises that they would make and stuff like that
Have sound effects of kylo throwing a tantrum and show spurts of red light from under a door

I know that the whole idea is sort of ambitious but both the hotel and the land have set a high bar and having attention to detail in something as mundane as transportation is something that Disney is famous for and people would definitely tell their friends about the transportation if it was that good.

SomeInternetGuy

Some new permits were filed with the SFWMD for a "Project H" today. The permits are only for borings/soil testing and site clearing, so there's no definitive proof that this is for the hotel yet, but the location is right on the outside of Hollywood Studios/Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, so it's more than likely its for the hotel:

fsVwIuh.png

Another piece of evidence pointing to this being a hotel development is that the company doing this work (LandDesign) is the same company from the Project 89 permits for the rumored hotel near Fort Wilderness/River Country.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Project H***** is the Star Wars Hotel

If each asterisk is a letter, that narrows it down to the several hundred six-letter words that begin with 'H'!

hostel - though a deluxe accommodation, this starship will be in the manner of a youth hostel with barracks and shared baths!

hooter - a popular restaurant chain now has their own star-cruise ships!

hallux - this starship is designed by the new Galactic Federation to gain a toe-hold in the uncharted outer rim.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Is it me or does that area look super small? I know it’s a boutique hotel but that looks pretttyyy small.

They can use that little corner for hotel parking and then just create a walkway to SWGE.

It's 9.8 acres. You can fit a trio of T shapped Pop or AoA buildings into that area. The footprint of the Dolphin, excluding convention area is 4.4 acres.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Yellow is the size of the clean and fill permit. Within that permit, the orange indicates where they plan to pile up dirt 10 feet high, which could indicate the footprint of the resort. The construction road that runs past the fill mound is indicated as staying, which could mean everything on the other side of the road will be parking.

Or, everything within the yellow borders will eventually get a layer of dirt to raise up the land.

The white tower is where the boring will take place. My guess for a pond.

1522723035618.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom