News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Rumrunner

Any thoughts about the Star Wars themed hotel supposedly being built next to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Do you think its been postponed ahead of the 2021 projected opening? Disney currently has so many projects going on right now and maybe this isn't at the top of their list like the Main Street Theater. What are your thoughts?
They may have put it on hold-it no secret the numbers for the last Star Wars movie were disappointing, the merchandise sales have also been disappointing. Add that to the bleeding at ESPN and one has to wonder what is going on. I have my suspicions but they probably belong in the politics section.

msg7

A hotel that's been around for decades is better than a hotel that's not even built yet? Tremendous.
I knew I would get a little bit of backlash when I posted this. It’s just my opinion. I prefer the Victorian theme. I totally understand how this could wind up being someone’s favorite Disney Resort and I’ll respect that also. I’m not the biggest fan of the Star Wars Franchise either.

Last edited:

21stamps

A hotel that's been around for decades is better than a hotel that's not even built yet? Tremendous.
It’s just my opinion. I prefer the Victorian theme. I totally understand how this could wind up being someone’s favorite Disney Resort. I’m not the biggest fan of the Star Wars Franchise either.

I misunderstood.. I thought you were referring to the potential price point of the SW hotel vs GF.

Movielover

"Disappointment" with a movies performance is not just a matter of how much it made, but how much the production company expected it to make.

Obviously I am not an insider so I don't know what Kennedy was expecting but being the second highest grossing film in the series can't be a bad thing...

My point is Star Wars is not a dead IP like some on here want to believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom