News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Coronado and Riviera towers are expected to be completed, from groundbreaking, in 24 and 29 months.

So, a smaller, boutique resort seems doable. On the other hand, though, it's supposed to have higher tech FX built in, and, we've not seen any sign of its foundation being prepped yet. Depending when DHS's SWGEB opens, WDW has 20-24 months to get this done.

P_Radden

I guess it's time to start closely watching this area for site work:
DPXR9yoUQAAQg2L.jpg large.jpg

^^ This is the most recent aerial image from Bioreconstruct on twitter.

beachlover4444

I would not be surprised to see a lot of the new resorts from here on out being Boutique Unique Themed hotels. With Hilton and Marriott jumping full on the bandwagon for boutique hotels it just makes sense. And as long as people pay they will continue to build them.

deWild

Are we certain the hotel will be built near DHS? Let’s say for example it wasn’t being built where we assume it will be (parking lot behind SWL). What if, and I’m speculating here, it’s already being built inside the land? 14 acres is quite a bit of room to fit a boutique hotel in addition to 2 attractions. It’s be interesting if that were the case but I’m truly guessing at this point; I haven’t seen the permits for Alcatraz and the Falcon.

Also, do we know anything about that unused portion of MMRR?

Bocabear

Are we certain the hotel will be built near DHS? Let’s say for example it wasn’t being built where we assume it will be (parking lot behind SWL). What if, and I’m speculating here, it’s already being built inside the land? 14 acres is quite a bit of room to fit a boutique hotel in addition to 2 attractions. It’s be interesting if that were the case but I’m truly guessing at this point; I haven’t seen the permits for Alcatraz and the Falcon.

Also, do we know anything about that unused portion of MMRR?
The unused portion om MMRR will be converted into a money counting room.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member

Ismael Flores

I guess it's time to start closely watching this area for site work:
View attachment 248216
^^ This is the most recent aerial image from Bioreconstruct on twitter.

i hadn't noticed until now that nothing has been done to the area between SWGE and toy story land as well as the area behind the coaster.

Anyone know what they will do to block sitelines from toy story land or the coaster into the outside area of park or SWGE?

this late into construction with an opening for 2018 you would think that if they will be adding trees and themed walls they would be up already. The back of the soundstage building on the far left of the photo also seems like it would be themed.

Any thoughts about the Star Wars themed hotel supposedly being built next to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge? Do you think its been postponed ahead of the 2021 projected opening? Disney currently has so many projects going on right now and maybe this isn't at the top of their list like the Main Street Theater. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Bacon

I haven't been hearing ANY other news about the Star Wars themed hotel supposedly being built next to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Do you think its been cancelled or postponed? Disney currently has so many projects going on right now and maybe this isn't at the top of their list, like the Main Street Theater. What are your thoughts?
Ah yes, because they don’t want to share details it’s obviously cancelled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom