Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

Chet Dakota

Ran my Virtual Half this morning as planned. Not my best time, but I am ok with it. Very windy. Had a heck of a headwind the first 7 miles.

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 226

dreamfinder

The Kessel Challenge is sold out. For a virtual half marathon race. :oops:

On one hand, you needed to run the Dark Side to get the Kessel, so in theory there should have been a max of what, 20k slots? = p Although I doubt that was the actual number, wouldn't be too surprised if they capped it around the same as for a normal challenge event at like 7k or so.

RunningKoen

On one hand, you needed to run the Dark Side to get the Kessel, so in theory there should have been a max of what, 20k slots? = p Although I doubt that was the actual number, wouldn't be too surprised if they capped it around the same as for a normal challenge event at like 7k or so.

We'll see as soon as corrals are online

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I did the inaugural dark side half marathon and it was quite an event. The one thing that kind of bugged me though, needing to get going by 3:00am. I probably wouldn't mind doing this again, and maybe the 10k, but the fact remains, getting up so early and that means an early to bed time the night before. My kids want to do so much, the race does take a chunk of time out of our plans. Still it was a nice thing to do and I have no regerts.

dreamfinder

IThe one thing that kind of bugged me though, needing to get going by 3:00am.

Welcome to runDisney. The early mornings are rough, but after having to sit around at the start of a race (ToT?) years ago when they had to delay it by 30-45 mins because everyone thought they could sneak in last second causing massive backups getting in, I get it.

Still it was a nice thing to do and I have no regerts.

Have a Snickers. (sorry, couldn't resist)

justintheharris

I'm glad there's a thread for runners! I'm running the star wars half this year and I ran the full marathon in January :) I don't look forward to that traffic to get there though.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm glad there's a thread for runners! I'm running the star wars half this year and I ran the full marathon in January :) I don't look forward to that traffic to get there though.

Staying off property?

The Expo will be a zoo. It was last year. Think Star Wars geeks - not everyone purchasing merchandise is a runner.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's gonna be a very warm race weekend, so I'm wearing my Sparkle skirts in appropriate colors of silver, red and black for all three races. And plenty of sunscreen.

r2d2

It's gonna be a very warm race weekend, so I'm wearing my Sparkle skirts in appropriate colors of silver, red and black for all three races. And plenty of sunscreen.
Yes I agree, thats why i dont know what i should dress up as and still be able to survive in the heat

LizaMarie89

I had such a horrible time with my costume getting ruined for the Walt Disney World Half due to cold and training for this one has been awful because of the weather as well... I may end up just dressing for the weather more than as a character

r2d2

I had such a horrible time with my costume getting ruined for the Walt Disney World Half due to cold and training for this one has been awful because of the weather as well... I may end up just dressing for the weather more than as a character
I might be doing the same, i was unable to find anything. And weather will be so hot that i rather dress comfy and be able to run at ease :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom