Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

dreamfinder

I just looked at the results. The fastest time for the Half was a gentleman from Brazil - 1:07:14. :jawdrop:

How is that possible? At the 5k split, his time was 15:55. That's a little under a 5 minute mile. Which he basically sustained for most of the 13.1 miles. OMG.

He also clocked the best time for the 10k at 31:18. And ran like that the next day.....

Wow.

Just think, there are 3 different groups trying to break the 2hr barrier for a full marathon right now. And that's trying to shave like 3 minutes off the current WR time. Those half splits would need to be over 7 minutes faster than the guy who won.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just think, there are 3 different groups trying to break the 2hr barrier for a full marathon right now. And that's trying to shave like 3 minutes off the current WR time. Those half splits would need to be over 7 minutes faster than the guy who won.

I just can't imagine running that fast, sustained, for that distance.....

Texas84

One stopped me on Saturday with the 10k medal and gave me a thumbs up and patted my shoulder.

You know that they do that routine where they stop someone and ask for their identification? I always want them to stop me or my son and ask for our identification and I want to respond to them with a wave of the hand by saying "You don't need to see his identification", and see if they have a response.

Someone must have tried that. One guy did a selfie with the troopers and one said "Commence image capture" or something like that.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Dang, the only troopers I ran into after the races were the ones on stage at DHS (and the FHP flying down 1-10; they weren't chasing me, lol). And I wore my Death Star every day until I left yesterday.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So the couple who showed up in my medal photo for the 5k? I'm in several shots with the husband/boyfriend/significant other. I wonder if that's how their race bib got tied to mine.....

psherman42

What a weekend. As expected, this half marathon was my worst. Not by much, probably 10 minutes at most, but still. The humidity didn't bother me as much as I might have thought. I think I enjoyed this course more than Wine and Dine but I hated the first few miles. Going down that dark street with nothing but temporary lights was pretty rough. My 10K time wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be considering I spent 15 or so minutes in line for R2D2. :joyfull: I told myself though I'd stop if either he or C3PO happened to be out so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Next up: the marathon in January. :jawdrop:

Figment82

I just received an email thanking me for participating and offering a link to register for next year (with a $10 savings for the half and challenge). Of course, I'm a sucker and signed up... :rolleyes:

So watch your inboxes if you're looking to come back and race again. Funnily enough, I received this one and not the one from the January races, but I guess with Disney emails, I shouldn't be surprised.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I received the email also. However, the link to register for 2018 isn't working...but the one to buy merchandise is... :rolleyes:

Figment82

I received the email also. However, the link to register for 2018 isn't working...but the one to buy merchandise is... :rolleyes:

It came up blank at first for me, but on the second try I was able to get it to work. The $10 savings doesn't even cover the Active fee - whoopee! Lol!

LAKid53

Premium Member
It came up blank at first for me, but on the second try I was able to get it to work. The $10 savings doesn't even cover the Active fee - whoopee! Lol!

I was finally able to get in. While $10 off the Challenge isn't much of a discount, at least I'm now registered... and don't have to hover over my keyboard on the 18th.

Now if they'd open registration for the Light Side - or give us some type of update.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I just noticed the receipt from Active has both PoT deadline and Expo dates for last month's race...... :rolleyes:

dreamfinder

Are they slowly going back to where registration used to open the day after the event? The email for January went out a few weeks after, but with the rest of the reg dates being pushed up and now this, I guess anything is possible.

LAKid53

Premium Member
LOL. My points are at Hilton Head so I can't do 11 months. Should I buy points at WDW? :D

Well, how much cash do you have? Points now are north of $170, unless you do 3rd party and don't care about reduced benefits...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes. I'm standing in the Magic Kingdom parking lot, stretching and waiting to wander down to my corral. It's a weird setup compared to what is usually done.

If I could Star Trek transport to Paris, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I just hate (fear) flying.....

Flying is not bad its taking off and landing thats scary, Spoken as a pilot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom