Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

HolleBolleGijs

Original Poster
I didn't see a thread about this! Anyone participating? I just signed up for the 5k (second 5k, first RunDisney event)!

psherman42

I'm doing the challenge! I haven't gone running since Wine and Dine (oops..thanks Wisconsin winters..I hate treadmill running) so this could be my worst race ever lol. But I'm excited anyway!

Chet Dakota

I didn't see a thread about this! Anyone participating? I just signed up for the 5k (second 5k, first RunDisney event)!

I will be there again this year and will run all three events. This will be the second year that I will have run all three Star Wars races at both DLR and WDW. Excited that the 10k and Half courses will be different from 2016.

Gucci65

I have signed up for the 5 and 10. My sister is doing the challenge. Training using Jeff Galloway's method. I really don't like running but promised my sister I would do it with her

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I will be there again this year and will run all three events. This will be the second year that I will have run all three Star Wars races at both DLR and WDW. Excited that the 10k and Half courses will be different from 2016.

Can we expect the same courses used for the W&D 10k and Half?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm running all three this year. Did just the 10k last year. The medals for this year's race are awesome! I'll be jumping into the middle of Galloway's training when I get back from the Princess with an 11 miler that first Sunday I'm home. Oh, joy. :D

And if I don't kill myself between the Glass Slipper and Dark Side Challenges, I'm probably going to be joining both @Texas84 and @Chet Dakota in Anaheim in January 2018...I really want that Kessel Run medal! It will match the 12 Parsecs magnet on my car. ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Is there anyway to merge the SW Dark Side Announced thread with this one? Is that something Steve has to do?

I agree with @Texas84 - this is a much better thread title.

Texas84

This is different. The start for the 10K and half is shown as 'Floridian Way' so I'm guessing a start at the TTC. Both finish at Epcot.

No description for the half other than start and finish but here is the 10K:

"The Star Wars 10K is packed with 6.2 miles of running excitement. The thrills begin on Floridian Way where you will head to Disney's Hollywood Studios® running down Hollywood Boulevard past Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and on to Epcot® where you will complete your journey!"

SIAP

LAKid53

Premium Member
Avatar opens in May. Wonder if we get to run through it? :)

More importantly, how many runners will get picked up by the Balloon Ladies because they forgot about the race and spent too much time exploring Pandora?

They should have a special soft opening just for us runners Sunday evening. To make up for the lack of after race parties.

:D

LizaMarie89

I saw a rumored map for the half marathon that went through AK, HS and ended right outside Epcot. What did you all think of the course last year (I know it was different)

Chet Dakota

I saw a rumored map for the half marathon that went through AK, HS and ended right outside Epcot. What did you all think of the course last year (I know it was different)

I hated the Half course last year. Not enough Park time, too much parking lot at DAK (the parking lot curve with no end), and the worst of it was the sand/dirt/gravel road through the woods to the finish at ESPN.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I hated the Half course last year. Not enough Park time, too much parking lot at DAK (the parking lot curve with no end), and the worst of it was the sand/dirt/gravel road through the woods to the finish at ESPN.

I hated that path through the woods to WWoS. Narrow path, uneven surface with too many things to trip a runner. And then we end up running on gravel? I decided I was going to run on the grass and didn't care what they thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom