News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
These threads always tumble off track and I accept my large share of the blame for this...

But the suggestion that any Star Wars development of any kind is not directly linked/come back to the quality of the films being produced is beyond foolhardy.

That’s the entire foundation of the phenomenon that is (increasing WAS) Star Wars. Detachment may work with Harry Potter (they didn’t try) or avatar (worked here)...but not Star Wars because of its place in pop culture history and consciousness.

And no...being an apologist and snitting at Anyone not towing the wagon for Disney is not nor ever will be “cool”. But that’s not gonna stop just like thread derailment won’t. Glass houses.

As far as the mgm opening...it’s been underwhelming attendance and lots of semi-loving complaints/compliments of it by fans...just like Anaheim.
And all kinds of pressure put on the Episode 7 ride to save it...just like Anaheim.

It is what they built.

TiggerDad

These threads always tumble off track and I accept my large share of the blame for this...

But the suggestion that any Star Wars development of any kind is not directly linked/come back to the quality of the films being produced is beyond foolhardy.

That’s the entire foundation of the phenomenon that is (increasing WAS) Star Wars. Detachment may work with Harry Potter (they didn’t try) or avatar (worked here)...but not Star Wars because of its place in pop culture history and consciousness.

And no...being an apologist and snitting at Anyone not towing the wagon for Disney is not nor ever will be “cool”. But that’s not gonna stop just like thread derailment won’t. Glass houses.

As far as the mgm opening...it’s been underwhelming attendance and lots of semi-loving complaints/compliments of it by fans...just like Anaheim.
And all kinds of pressure put on the Episode 7 ride to save it...just like Anaheim.

It is what they built.
I would argue the question is not the quality of the films directly, but whether they generate an emotional attachment that causes fans of said films to seek out lands based (at least theoretically) on them.

Posters ranting about certain directors and the artistic choices they made may have a point, but there are plenty of other threads where that has been debated to death. Continuing those debates brings nothing new to a thread on people's experiences in SWGE.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would argue the question is not the quality of the films directly, but whether they generate an emotional attachment that causes fans of said films to seek out lands based (at least theoretically) on them.

Posters ranting about certain directors and the artistic choices they made may have a point, but there are plenty of other threads where that has been debated to death. Continuing those debates brings nothing new to a thread on people's experiences in SWGE.
That was well articulated and I enjoyed it...but you could have said “I completely disagree in paragraph 2 after agreeing in paragraph 1” 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom