News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

RobWDW1971

or the other one in MF:SR, the droid in Ronto's, BB8 in the Rise queue, the lothcat, the garbage creature, and I am sure I am missing some.

I was referring to actually sophisticated audio-animatronics that are currently in the land - yes, the "garbage creature" rises and the Droid is attached to the rotating spit. Having to reduce ourselves to counting those incredibly simple mechanics is exactly my point.

In the 60's we had talking birds, hundreds of Small World dolls singing and moving, rooms full of Pirates, etc. and now in 2019 we get excited by an eyeball raising a foot.

WDI must love these low expectations.

Last edited:

mergatroid

I was referring to actually sophisticated audio-animatronics that are currently in the land - yes, the "garbage creature" rises and the Droid is attached to the rotating spit. Having to reduce ourselves to counting those incredibly simple mechanics is exactly my point.

In the 60's we had talking birds, hundreds of Small World dolls singing and moving, rooms full of Pirates, etc. and now in 2019 we get excited by a garbage creature raising a foot.

WDI must love these low expectations.

So you're complaining there's not enough animatronics in GE around the land outside the attractions, by giving an example of how many animatronics were actually inside attractions in a different park? How many animatronics were outside Pirates and Small World, you know in the lands and not the attractions?

I get and accept you don't care for GE but it's like you're sat there trying to make up things to complain about using unfair comparisons. If it wasn't for Disney opening MF:SR early whilst ROTR was completed, then we'd have opened with the land containing many animatronics inside the attractions (the comparison YOU have created yourself).

It would be like me asking where all the animatronics inside the Potter attractions rides are (not in the queues) and then trying to claim that any ride in Disney with animatronics is therefore superior to them. That would be an absurd argument but comes close to what you're trying to do by making comparisons like that.

Last edited:

OvertheHorizon

To the point about Hondo being largely unknown: True. I'd never heard of him, although I understand he's from the Star Wars universe. I don't think that Rex was a known character before being introduced at Star Tours. Now, as I understand it, Rex has a key role at Oga's Cantina.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To the point about Hondo being largely unknown: True. I'd never heard of him, although I understand he's from the Star Wars universe. I don't think that Rex was a known character before being introduced at Star Tours. Now, as I understand it, Rex has a key role at Oga's Cantina.
Yeah...that would assume star tours is the “gold standard”...should it be celebrated?

Timmay

Stop it. The land is “static and lifeless”. Your examples don’t count.The experts know better.
You know...you’re right. The experts have definitely convinced me those storm troopers that harassed us several times... Chewie mocking my sons beard...the chasing down of the Resistance scum...Rey interacting with individuals...all clearly lifeless and static. Thank goodness for the experts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You know...you’re right. The experts have definitely convinced me those storm troopers that harassed us several times... Chewie mocking my sons beard...the chasing down of the Resistance scum...Rey interacting with individuals...all clearly lifeless and static. Thank goodness for the experts.
Oh come now...nobody needed to “convince you” of anything. You were before you got off the plane 😉

RobWDW1971

Yeah...that would assume star tours is the “gold standard”...should it be celebrated?

Star Tours in 1986 was more fun, exciting, whimsical, and "Star Wars" than Batuu and MFSR will ever be. And the merch employees in the store at the exit were not forced to say idiotic expressions that have nothing to do with Star Wars.

RobWDW1971

That would be a comparison if when you walked into Star Tours in 1986 and all you had was Rex vs being welcomed by C3PO and R2D2 and other familiar Star Wars creatures, locations, and iconic music. You were immersed in the Star Wars brand before you met Rex.

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

So you're complaining there's not enough animatronics in GE around the land outside the attractions, by giving an example of how many animatronics were actually inside attractions in a different park? How many animatronics were outside Pirates and Small World, you know in the lands and not the attractions?

I get and accept you don't care for GE but it's like you're sat there trying to make up things to complain about using unfair comparisons. If it wasn't for Disney opening MF:SR early whilst ROTR was completed, then we'd have opened with the land containing many animatronics inside the attractions (the comparison YOU have created yourself).

It would be like me asking where all the animatronics inside the Potter attractions rides are (not in the queues) and then trying to claim that any ride in Disney with animatronics is therefore superior to them. That would be an absurd argument but comes close to what you're trying to do by making comparisons like that.

The discussion was about what is currently in the land that is considered an AA (which I continue to say is Rex, Hondo, and Dok Andar). We weren't discussing whether they were in a queue, gift shop, bar, or in the ride.

Apparently you and others are excited about an eyeball that raises a foot. I get it. Tell your friends to rush over and see it. Oh, and don't forget to tell them a Droid is attached to the spit. It's amazing.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Star Tours in 1986 was more fun, exciting, whimsical, and "Star Wars" than Batuu and MFSR will ever be. And the merch employees in the store at the exit were not forced to say idiotic expressions that have nothing to do with Star Wars.
Exactly...star tours was ok in 1986...don’t think we need element replication/homage to it in 2019.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I actually like that character...but few people know the clone wars...especially amongst Disney target audiences. I think that’s the discussion point.

So they went hard on this “smuggling” thing...which is obviously due to designing this during the production of Solo. And because they are a bit too enamored with episode 4/7.

We get it...smuggle...loveable rogue.

No one knew Seeker. So, therefor, DINOSAUR, is a horrible ride and completely incomprehensible as to what's happening, because we don't know Seeker from a previous movie!!!!!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Star Tours in 1986 was more fun, exciting, whimsical, and "Star Wars" than Batuu and MFSR will ever be.

But the original Star Tours had a ship pilot, Rex, that wasn't from any MOVIE!!! Therefore, without him being a fan favorite that everyone knew in advance, the original Star Tours disrespected Star Wars fan, made everyone confused with regard to its story, and was just plain awful.

EPCOT-O.G.

But the original Star Tours had a ship pilot, Rex, that wasn't from any MOVIE!!! Therefore, without him being a fan favorite that everyone knew in advance, the original Star Tours disrespected Star Wars fan, made everyone confused with regard to its story, and was just plain awful.

...that piloted you on a beat-for-beat reenactment on the Death Star assault from Episode IV

RobWDW1971

...that piloted you on a beat-for-beat reenactment on the Death Star assault from Episode IV

Which was awesome and created lines down to Main Street. But hey, getting containers of something on some planet for some dude is equally thrilling. The fact we are even talking about a 30+ year attraction shows what a creative mess and disappointment SWGE is so far.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom