News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I wouldn’t mind the “unnatural” blend of the WDW Spires against Rivers of America.

Anyone with photoshop want to make a mock up of this look?

The natural version looks too much like Earth.

I’m actually shocked there is no “Batuu” specific plant life. All the trees and ferns are wildly familiar to the planet in which Harry Potter is set.

And the CMs don’t sell the “edge of the galaxy” vibe whatsoever.

View attachment 414759
It’s hard to even differentiate the Falcon from the DL rockwork. The whole visual treat is quite harbored because it seems like it was built from the same material and covered in the same paint. So sad.

So sad? It looks stunning in person and the lighting design at night is just awesome.

GE has issues but the look and design of the land isn’t one of them.

Mickeyboof

So sad? It looks stunning in person and the lighting design at night is just awesome.

View attachment 414798

GE has issues but the look and design of the land isn’t one of them.

Love the nighttime glow, that’s when the land truly shines.

But during the day the Disneyland “spires” don’t look like petrified trees. Not compared to WDW:

Whereas the color choices at Disneyland are pretty dull and, sure, sad. It’s one-tone. Looks like the whole area was made out of the same material.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

I have not been to both, but based on images, the DHS Galaxy's Edge has the visual edge to Disneyland's for being more colorful and visually contrasting.

Mickeyboof

It’s pretty clever of them to keep using the fireworks footage, as if there’s a nighttime spectacular. Disney should be fined for false advertising.

I hope Americans are clever enough to notice they’re really only advertising things that cost extra cash.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Not 100% sure if it's true or not, but a member of my FB group told me last night that she and her family WERE allowed to play-fight the stormtroopers with their lightsabers - both one they bought in the land and one they brought with them.
She was blowing smoke up your butt or what she meant was they let her and the family take out the lightsabers as they took a picture with the storm troopers

doctornick

I had a thought earlier this evening... Disney talks "immersion" yet you can't touch a single ship (the MF:SR *ride* notwithstanding). They're all behind gates, faux walls or up high. Where's the connection? It's like walking around a Star Wars museum, not an immersive land.

Yeah, it seems strange to me that they didn't include some "photo op" stuff like the former speeder bike across from Star Tours that people could sit on/stand next to. I understand not wanting guests to have access to larger ships but that doesn't mean that there isn't some stuff that could be presented without walls around them.

rsm

I had a thought earlier this evening... Disney talks "immersion" yet you can't touch a single ship (the MF:SR *ride* notwithstanding). They're all behind gates, faux walls or up high. Where's the connection? It's like walking around a Star Wars museum, not an immersive land.

In one of the BTS promo vids the imagineers talked about how they made sure the xwing made the same sound when hit with your hand that we heard in the OT films. Presumably one of these was at one point intended for photo op or just plain walking up to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom