News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
What’s spoiler policy usually like around these parts? TSL was the first major opening I was around for and I don’t recall anybody caring about spoilers.

It seems to me if you don’t want to be spoiled then you probably shouldn’t be in the GE threads. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s very different from film spoilers.

My gestalt is basically anything not publicly released by Disney marketing. Which really doesn't equal a heck of a lot (RoTR is actually more of a mystery and I think that's why it can have its own spoiler thread many months from now).

The entirety of the land was spoiled by Disney with the model years ago. Something like TSPL was all exterior.

The thread is going to be pretty spoiler-y, so just throw any indoor photos behind a spoiler tag and someone can decide if they want to look at them.

SuddenStorm

@BrianLo I’m fine with your policies on this thread, but could you change the title again to include the word “construction” again somewhere in it? For posterity sake? This has been where a lot of great documentation has taken place.

It'd actually be great to get a complete copy of this thread + all the photos and videos linked, since I'd imagine this is the most comprehensive record of the land's construction done by fans, since it pulls from excellent bloggers, vloggers, and members of the community. Plus I'm pretty sure every bit of marketing Disney's done for the land has been linked here.

I'm just glad I joined the forum early enough to be able to follow this thread from relatively near the beginning.

BrianLo

Original Poster
@BrianLo I’m fine with your policies on this thread, but could you change the title again to include the word “construction” somewhere in it? For posterity sake? This has been where a lot of great documentation has taken place.

Done!

I’ll remove the ‘historical’ when they realize two weeks from now they made a bad mistake and need to build the full Cantina.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not sure “spoilers” apply to a physical land. This isn’t a movie that can be had every ten miles. Some people travel on a 5 year cycle...and some hover in front of Disney parks like it’s a job (it’s not)...

Wouldn’t it be personal responsibility that would tell you to look as Disney forums or not - if you care??

Or is this where we suspend common sense?

BrianLo

Original Poster
I’m not sure “spoilers” apply to a physical land. This isn’t a movie that can be had every ten miles. Some people travel on a 5 year cycle...and some hover in front of Disney parks like it’s a job (it’s not)...

Wouldn’t it be personal responsibility that would tell you to look as Disney forums or not - if you care??

Or is this where we suspend common sense?

I agree, hence the restriction is really just indoor images. A video someone can choose to not watch, it’s hard to unsee pictures of the Queue/animatronics you were trying to avoid. If you want to avoid everything you steer clear of threads entirely.

Happy medium. Allows people to still be part of a conversation even if they are trying to keep a few visuals surprises for themselves.

fctiger

Done!

I’ll remove the ‘historical’ when they realize two weeks from now they made a bad mistake and need to build the full Cantina.

Reading that the Cantina has been from 90-120 mins long when the land has only been 2/3rd capacity they probably realize that mistake now. I said it here weeks ago it made absolutely no sense to build this thing so small, especially when its the only place that sells alcohol in the whole park

Last edited:

NateD1226

I posted this in the SR section of the WDW side as people were being negative about the ride. I might as well post it here to share with you all:
SR was truly amazing to me! The queue, preshow, and ride itself is extraordinary. I wouldn't mind if people say it is the best ride that Disney has made in a while. These Imagineers were hitting some rough spots at Disneyland with Pixar Pier, GOTG:MB, Tomorrowland, etc... and SWL really pushed up their level of greatness back up where it used to be. It will be the same with WDW. SWL will be amazing and give a big boost to DHS as the let down of Toy Story Land, sadness of the Incredible plaza, and more droopy shows and rides give DHS a bad reputation. SW:GE is everything a theme park fan would ask for as there are interactive experiences, fun shops, breathtaking rides, and so much more. To me, SR is amazing and it should be taken with great pride and pleasure. To call this ride a disappointment and not fun would be a huge lie for the people who have not done the ride. Just wait till ROTR opens! Two of Disney's best rides will be up and running for the public and make theme park history!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

They're on an asteroid, and as mentioned, in the esophagus of a giant space worm that lives in the asteroid surviving on eating... who knows what. The gravity should be one one-thousandth that of Earth. A small step should propel them to hit the roof of that 'cave.' There should be nearly zero atmosphere. Which means nearly zero atmospheric pressure... an oxygen mask isn't going to cut it. Their blood should start 'boiling' while also freezing (and before anyone says the worm is keeping them warm and giving them an atmosphere... remember, the 'cave' is wide open to space). And they shouldn't be able to hear one another.

So, Leia surviving in space long enough to Forcey Poppins her way back to the ship shouldn't strain any fan's credulity.
wrong. there is a BIG difference from Han being able to walk around in the belly of a space worm and Leia flying like Super-Girl in space

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I disagree with you but I don't want to derail this chat off of the main topic and keep it about galaxy's edge. if there is a 'why LAST JEDI is a piece of garbage' thread I would be happy to civilly debate you.

Stop playing dumb and coy. There are threads for each of the sequels. You don't need the title to be "why it's a piece of garbage" to give your opinion. The thread exists and the lack of an exacting title is no excuse to bring it up in other threads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom