News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SuddenStorm

Seeing these pictures of the land make me realize that I’m not as much of a Star Wars fan as I thought. Don’t get me wrong, I’m super impressed with what they’ve done but I don’t feel an emotional attachment to any of it. I’m definitely impressed how the scope/ scale and quality turned out but not particularly fond of this very drab tan/ gray/ desert vibe aesthetic.

Even on the Disney map you can see how it’s just this huge sea of beige/tan/ gray where as the rest of the park/ map has a nice flow of color.

What I'm curious about is if any of the attractions will cause an emotional connection like Splash Mountain or the Haunted Mansion does for me. Something about those rides makes them seem far more meaningful than simple theme park attractions.

Heck, even the Fantasyland dark rides elicit some kind of emotional draw from me... and I assume that's how it is for all of us as Disneyland fans.

I'm curious to see if Rise of the Resistance is able to become as relevant in the fandom as Pirates, or if Smuggler's Run can become a classic like Star Tours.

Last edited:

No Name

Playing a video game like this with five other people sounds potentially more frustrating than fun. BLAB and TSMM are very fun because you play individually and you can compare your score to the person next to you. But I can see how the teamwork element of this ride might lead to lower-than-expected GSATs.

Yes, other than the angle of the Resistance caves, they're pretty identical. (Photo Credit NearMap)

View attachment 375055

I remember about a year or two ago correcting certain folks here on their misconceptions of the sizes and shapes of the lands. Fun times. I’m glad it’s a joke now.

BrianLo

Original Poster
The Review thread has become nearly useless/unreadable.

Since the mod's dropped it on us and disappeared... I've updated the title of this one.

Rules:
This thread isn't about you. Don't annoy everyone.

1) Please don't litter the thread with your personal speculation/agendas. We've reached the point where some people are truly more knowledgeable by virtue of having been in the land. This thread is not for your 'hot takes' of people's legitimate experiences. Civil discussions obviously, but please don't continually troll the thread and annoy everyone. Take it to PM or go pollute the other thread I guess.

If you want to have a real hot take get in line and give us something legitimately new to chew on.

2) I'm going to redact the OLD first rule (oh boy). IF you've been in the land and want to re-open the pandora's box about Galaxy's Edge overall fit into Disneyland as a whole - Have at it. But again, be respectful, make your point and move on.

3) My personal ask would be that any photos of indoor locations (queues, shops, rides etc.) be placed behind a spoiler tag for the benefit of all members.

All text reviews and impressions are fair game since the entirety of Smuggler's Run has been laid out by Disney for basically year(s) anyways.

We'll re-evaluate the breadth of RoTR text based spoilers when the time comes, but those probably need to initially be behind spoiler tags (or more likely a break out thread will be created for that ride specifically).

Darkbeer1

I don’t know much about Star Trek, but aren’t they still in discovery mode? Meanwhile Star Wars has had galactic governments for a 1000-1000s of years depending on which timeline we’re talking about. The two civilizations feel like they’re in different stages

Star Trek, Star Wars, whatever...

What we need is a Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Land...

MeTV tonight had the original episode of the series.... Twiki, Colonel Deering meet and greets, Ranger 3 simulators...

Has to be a lot better than this Star Wars thing.....

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

It's kinda sad how many kids don't know what a car is anymore (absolutely no one buys them anymore), but do know who Lightning McQueen is. They probably think that the cars are just horse drawn carriages with eyes without horses.

SSG

Last edited:

kevlightyear

Was enjoying discussing the land but did not know this was a spoiler thread. Any way we can tag images in the meantime as spoilers? Was not thrilled with that, but it’s not the end of the world.
My apologies. I've added spoiler tags to my posts. It's hard to say what's a spoiler with all the aerial photos and promo images out there, but I can see how some of the pictures I posted are. I'm not an insider so I don't contribute much of value around here, so I figured I would since I had the chance.

Incomudro

My apologies. I've added spoiler tags to my posts. It's hard to say what's a spoiler with all the aerial photos and promo images out there, but I can see how some of the pictures I posted are. I'm not an insider so I don't contribute much of value around here, so I figured I would since I had the chance.

I don't find them to be spoilers, and no image is going to come close to what it's actually like being there.

solidyne

What’s spoiler policy usually like around these parts? TSL was the first major opening I was around for and I don’t recall anybody caring about spoilers.

It seems to me if you don’t want to be spoiled then you probably shouldn’t be in the GE threads. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s very different from film spoilers.
True, they are different. I think the OP for this particular thread, though, considers shots of attraction interiors to be spoilers. Maybe the other thread can accommodate such photos.

Last edited:

mickEblu

What’s spoiler policy usually like around these parts? TSL was the first major opening I was around for and I don’t recall anybody caring about spoilers.

It seems to me if you don’t want to be spoiled then you probably shouldn’t be in the GE threads. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s very different from film spoilers.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but nobody cared about TSL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom