News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

kevlightyear

EDIT: added spoiler tags

Don't know how I missed this one before.

While I'm at it....

Toy maker sign

If you feel like translating:

Exit of smugglers run

Last edited:

socalifornian

They're on an asteroid, and as mentioned, in the esophagus of a giant space worm that lives in the asteroid surviving on eating... who knows what. The gravity should be one one-thousandth that of Earth. A small step should propel them to hit the roof of that 'cave.' There should be nearly zero atmosphere. Which means nearly zero atmospheric pressure... an oxygen mask isn't going to cut it. Their blood should start 'boiling' while also freezing (and before anyone says the worm is keeping them warm and giving them an atmosphere... remember, the 'cave' is wide open to space). And they shouldn't be able to hear one another.

So, Leia surviving in space long enough to Forcey Poppins her way back to the ship shouldn't strain any fan's credulity.
Never thought about any of this before. According to Wookiepedia the Mynocks can live in the vacuum of space, but it also says those slugs can have their own ecosystems lol that’s convenient

“Space slugs reached full maturity at ten meters and reproduced by splitting into two smaller, separate bodies. If a space slug was incapable of this process, its growth continued uninterrupted, potentially reaching lengths of 900 meters. Slugs of this size were known to swallow starships whole and house entire ecosystems.”

That Rebels tv show introduced space creatures that can travel through hyperspace, and they even helped the rebels fend off the empire from a planet. So that slug doesn’t surprise me
75D261F0-A60C-41CE-9E10-A0B8E0BCA08F.jpeg

kevlightyear

These pictures are gosh darn beautiful, but I gotta bow out from the Galaxy's Edge threads, because I don't want the land to be completely visually spoiled. I'll have a lot to catch up on I'm sure, see you guys on June 5th!
I totally get it. Normally I HATE spoilers of any kind. I don't watch trailers, I don't even watch the "next time on..." promos at the ends of tv shows.

I'm not really invested in Star Wars--just never got into it. So in this case, I think it's actually helping me get more acquainted with the universe. Whenever I end up going, I think I'll appreciate it more.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I've been a fan of Star Wars since A New Hope came out, I am partial to the original trilogy.
It might come as a shocker for many here, but the newer movies haven't pull me in as much. To me, they lack that special "something" (I don't know how else to explain it).

Having said that, I was doubtful about the time frame of the new Star Wars lands. I feared that they were going to feel unrelatable to what I've known and loved about SW.

Now, I'm getting more excited about visiting, I can relate to many aspects and features, I mean, the Millenium Falcon! An X Wing! A Cantina! even Dianoga! Those I know well 🤓

Reading and seeing more about these new lands in this thread has been informative and fun!

mickEblu

Seeing these pictures of the land make me realize that I’m not as much of a Star Wars fan as I thought. Don’t get me wrong, I’m super impressed with what they’ve done but I don’t feel an emotional attachment to any of it. I’m definitely impressed how the scope/ scale and quality turned out but not particularly fond of this very drab tan/ gray/ desert vibe aesthetic.

Even on the Disney map you can see how it’s just this huge sea of beige/tan/ gray where as the rest of the park/ map has a nice flow of color.

Last edited:

NateD1226

Seeing these pictures of the land make me realize that I’m not as much of a Star Wars fan as I thought. Don’t get me wrong I’m super impressed with what they’ve done but I don’t feel an emotional attachment to any of it. I’m definitely impressed how the scope/ scale and quality turned out but not particularly fond of this very tan/ gray/ desert vibe aesthetic.
It is a little underwhelming at first as I am not a huge fan as well. When I went, it just seemed small at first and kinda forced in its spot. That doesn't mean it wasn't amazing!I absolutely loved most of the things there and made me happy to get a chance to see it. The desert vibe is also shoehorned into the land as you go from a desert land to a sleek shop. I do agree with you on that statement. No matter if you are a fan or not, you will definitely love/like it.

kevlightyear

Seeing these pictures of the land make me realize that I’m not as much of a Star Wars fan as I thought. Don’t get me wrong, I’m super impressed with what they’ve done but I don’t feel an emotional attachment to any of it.

Keep in mind the pictures are quite clinical. Reference shots, really. I'm sure once the instagram photogs get in everything will display much more emotion.

socalifornian

Seeing these pictures of the land make me realize that I’m not as much of a Star Wars fan as I thought. Don’t get me wrong, I’m super impressed with what they’ve done but I don’t feel an emotional attachment to any of it. I’m definitely impressed how the scope/ scale and quality turned out but not particularly fond of this very drab tan/ gray/ desert vibe aesthetic.

Even on the Disney map you can see how it’s just this huge sea of beige/tan/ gray where as the rest of the park/ map has a nice flow of color.
It’s set on a planet that gets lore through comics. How can you not be emotionally attached?

Darkbeer1

Anaheim's under red alert preparing for the onslaught of visitors heading to the Disneyland Resort on May 31:

OK, a lot to talk about. Some computer additions/editing. The City Clerk's Metal Window Door at City Hall became the Traffic Management Center, which is in another building, and doesn't have a "Service Counter".

But it is a neat facility that opened in 1988, and has been upgraded many times.

It is used for DLR traffic, the Convention Center, plus Angel Stadium and the Honda Center. Leaving those venues are usually fairly easy. Too bad Carson/Dominguez Hills doesn't have one for the Dignity Health Sports Park (Home of the LA Galaxy and Chargers).

Let me also discuss this article.

>>To handle the crowds, Anaheim will double the number of traffic control personnel (a mix of sworn officers and uniformed civilians) in the resort from 10 to 20 people, city spokeswoman Erin Ryan said.<<

Interesting to note, The Officers and staff love this, as they volunteer to do this, and usually get overtime. Disney picks up ALL the costs, including benefirs costs. Disney also pays for a staff of 10 officers to work at the DLR substation. This is why Disney tries it best to get vehicles off city streets, and onto Disney property, where they can use CM's instead.

>>The 50 cameras on the resort’s streets and intersections, and the other 100 traffic cameras around the city, will be monitored 24 hours a day by staff who can adjust the timing of signals and change electronic message signs as needed.

“We want everybody to come and have a good time, not get backed up,” city spokesman Mike Lyster said.

The signs will remind visitors they must have a reservation — “We don’t want to have people just show up and think that they might be able to visit the land,” Lyster said — and direct them to available parking. Officials expect the more than 15,000 parking spaces in the Mickey and Friends garage and Toy Story surface lot to accommodate the crush of guests, but getting in and out of them will likely be a challenge.

A new parking structure that will add another 5,000 spaces is under construction and expected to open by July or as early as late June.<<

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom