News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Snow Queen

Cantina spinner. Take a drink, sit in a booth, spin around, try not to spill. If you spill, don't worry, it's just $15 for another. It'll probably have a higher capacity than the current cantina.

drod1985

True immersion would be a Rise of the Resistance-sized full scale laser-tag battle adventure where you have to put on rebel gear and try to rescue the Princess from inside the Death Star.

...Just typing that out gets me excited.

Then (if you haven't) you need to do The Void's Secrets of the Empire. Different mission premise, but it's as basically as immersed as you can ever be in the Star Wars universe.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Uhm... How exactly did you have an N64, live through the 90's, and NOT get into Goldeneye???

Because most people realized better FPS already existed and had for awhile on PC :p And while people oogled over goldeneye as some king of the hill for years on consoles... (until halo)... PC people were enjoying the extendable world of Half Life by that point and ultimately team fortress. Quake online players were not awed by goldeneye. People wanting to play in the same room played goldeneye.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Around a corner, for people in wheelchairs. Is that hard to understand?

Another issue I seemed to have missed is that one chess room feed two cockpits, so there is already even more things not making this the perfect Millennium Falcon experience those "in the know" folks were swearing was going to completely blow us away.

Remember, you would be going through an exact replica, ONLY seeing your 5 co-riders, and seemlessly leaving through a different exact duplicate hallway.

And if it were real... only one group would do it... and the next group would have to deal with the falcon getting fixed... blah blah blah.

The complaints here are beyond ridiculous and obtuse. The stuff you are mentioning they do try to address in the ride, and for many reports so far it handles it well.

If you want to go on a theme park attraction looking to rip it apart.. everyone attraction would fail. You have to see how well it pulls off the things it attempts.

The ramp is just an example of something that can not be done (and look right) in a modern day, high capacity attraction. Get over it. People are too f#$% stupid to protect themselves.

SSG

Here's the new guidemap showing GE:

Savi's and Droid Depot are considered attractions.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Then (if you haven't) you need to do The Void's Secrets of the Empire. Different mission premise, but it's as basically as immersed as you can ever be in the Star Wars universe.
Unfortunately, I don't do well in VR (or on simulators for that matter). But thanks for the tip!

Mac Tonight

Because most people realized better FPS already existed and had for awhile on PC :p And while people oogled over goldeneye as some king of the hill for years on consoles... (until halo)... PC people were enjoying the extendable world of Half Life by that point and ultimately team fortress. Quake online players were not awed by goldeneye. People wanting to play in the same room played goldeneye.
Oooooh. You PC people. I was too busy tearing up Commander Keen to get into those games. Though later I did finally get around to playing Half-Life. Had to cheat my way through.

Playing altogether in the same room is what made it more fun! You could raise the stakes to determine who got to sleep in the bed that night vs the floor.

Mac Tonight

Keep in mind, this hasn't "officially" been confirmed, but what do you guys think?
I've never played the games myself... but know plenty of people that did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom