News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

You mean to tell me a voice actor's voice changes over 32 years?!!?? You've gotta be kidding me!

;)

Hahah well yes it was my cute way of stating the obvious - his voice changed and doesn’t sound like the Rex from Star Tours 1.0. Not on video at least.

darthwoody

Falcon’s Run was a mistake of an attraction. They should’ve just built an indoor space coaster where the riders pilot an X Wing or a TIE and they fly around and through a Star Destroyer.
If they built a highly immerse coaster, then y’all would be complaining that they only built one ride, since there would only be enough space for that in the land. I would much rather have a big, incredibly impressive and immerse dark ride along with a Falcon simulator than just one coaster. I guess that’s just me though.

Mac Tonight

If they built a highly immerse coaster, then y’all would be complaining that they only built one ride, since there would only be enough space for that in the land. I would much rather have a big, incredibly impressive and immerse dark ride along with a Falcon simulator than just one coaster. I guess that’s just me though.
Why would there only be space for a coaster?? How big are most indoor coasters?

truecoat

A heckuva' lot more believable than riding a coaster.
A coaster can't come remotely close to the goal here.

If it's like this, it would.

star-wars-x-wing-coaster.jpg

star-wars-tie-fighter-coaster.jpg

star-wars-coaster-map.jpg

TROR

Have you seen how massive the space for Falcon is?

ProfessorPepper

You guys are way too sensational for me. The 14 acres includes every inch of usable land that isn't taken by some other infrastructure not related to Star Wars. Rock N' Roller Coaster and Return of the Mummy in Orlando (the bigger one): 1.5 acres. Guardians of the Galaxy coaster: 2.82 acres. RotR show building: 1.75 acres. Smuggler's Run: 1.76 acres.
1558650495250.png

Mac Tonight

You guys are way too sensational for me. The 14 acres includes every inch of usable land that isn't taken by some other infrastructure not related to Star Wars. Rock N' Roller Coaster and Return of the Mummy in Orlando (the bigger one): 1.5 acres. Guardians of the Galaxy coaster: 2.82 acres. RotR show building: 1.75 acres. Smuggler's Run: 1.76 acres.
View attachment 375208
So if GE is 14 acres, and GotG (as a comparison) is only 2.82 acres, there would still be 11.18 acres left for Rise (let’s call it 2) and everything else.

britain

A Star Wars coaster is too conventional. It’s what every non-theme park fan would expect a Star Wars land to have. This land was the third attempt by Imagineering to do something ambitious, as instructed by the Board of Directors. They needed to do something that would prove that Disney still knows how to exceed expectations - Something they haven’t done since Indy in 1995, in my opinion. A coaster wouldn’t do that.

Rich T

A Star Wars coaster is too conventional. It’s what every non-theme park fan would expect a Star Wars land to have. This land was the third attempt by Imagineering to do something ambitious, as instructed by the Board of Directors. They needed to do something that would prove that Disney still knows how to exceed expectations - Something they haven’t done since Indy in 1995, in my opinion. A coaster wouldn’t do that.
If Harry Potter at Universal hadn't happened, I wonder how things would be different right now...
(EDIT)
Cars Land exceeded expectations in a lot of ways.

Disney Analyst

Fully agree. Piloting your own Millenium Falcon through real time rendering, and actual interactive controls is far more ambitious to me then a coaster. I love what Disney has done with Star Wars in the parks.

mickEblu

But it would be more fun. Isn’t that why we originally started going to theme parks and why we still go?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom