News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The sad thing is these coke bottles won't exist after 8-12 months after the place opens. There'll be normal coke bottles for sale by this time next year when they cut back on immersive entertainment etc and the land falls into line and the honeymoon is over.
I won't bet on that, as I just posted Coke has been producing this type of bottle for at least a decade for Christmas. So its not hard to just change the printing on the bottle at the local bottler for Disney. So I expect it'll continue to be used long after the honeymoon phase.

Phroobar

Insane levels of immersion aside... Which will all be broken due to the fact you'll still be enjoying the park along side nerdy mcfatty and uncle Larry and his sister's screaming brats (I'll be playing nerdy mcfatty in my tie dye shirt when I visit)...

The sad thing is these coke bottles won't exist after 8-12 months after the place opens. There'll be normal coke bottles for sale by this time next year when they cut back on immersive entertainment etc and the land falls into line and the honeymoon is over.
That will happen only at DHS due to it's small size.

Last edited:

Phroobar

BTW, this is not the first time Coke as produced this type of bottle, they did a line of Christmas ones starting a little over 10 years ago I believe:

a96725_a474_Coca-Holiday.jpg
13.5 FL Oz? That's very little soda for an expensive price. Couldn't they make them at least 24oz?

SWGalaxysEdge

...yep I was corrected. When I posted the first one, I was told that was fact from an insider I trusted.
Second one is from a different inside who I trust more.

SSG

I think the Coke bottles are meant to be the casing of a thermal detonator:

The Coke reps didn't come out and say this, but were describing Black Spire as place where things get re-purposed because it's off the beaten path. There will probably be a back story where some local found a bunch of detonator cases and uses those to hold the cold beverages he sells.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think the Coke bottles are meant to be the casing of a thermal detonator:

View attachment 364290

The Coke reps didn't come out and say this, but were describing Black Spire as place where things get re-purposed because it's off the beaten path. There will probably be a back story where some local found a bunch detonator cases and uses those to hold the cold beverages he sells.
Just what we need, a little radiation with our cold beverage...

Joking aside it’s still a style bottle coke has produced for years, nothing new.

DLR>WDW

I hope this is a joke.
Sorry Cap, while you were frozen in time, entertainment became more and more prevalent to the American people looking to escape the outside world. This eventually led to the pop culture phenomenon of Star Wars, a movie series that takes place “in a galaxy far, far away.” It includes dessert planets, space ships, blasters, and what are called thermal detonators. These are the equivalent to what you may’ve known as a hand grenade.

This brings us to present day in which we have one of the largest companies in the entertainment industry building a themed land off the previously mentioned “Star Wars.” Today it was announced that a company called “Coca Cola” would release a customized bottle that thematically fits into the Star Wars universe, yet still works with the current American standards of drink preference and recognition. It isn’t confirmed, but they bare a very similar resemblance to thermal detonators, a weapon used in Star Wars that blows up after a certain amount of time.

Hope that clears it up for you Cap!

Sorry don’t know which timeline of Cap I’m speaking to

SSG

Sorry Cap, while you were frozen in time, entertainment became more and more prevalent to the American people looking to escape the outside world. This eventually led to the pop culture phenomenon of Star Wars, a movie series that takes place “in a galaxy far, far away.” It includes dessert planets, space ships, blasters, and what are called thermal detonators. These are the equivalent to what you may’ve known as a hand grenade.

This brings us to present day in which we have one of the largest companies in the entertainment industry building a themed land off the previously mentioned “Star Wars.” Today it was announced that a company called “Coca Cola” would release a customized bottle that thematically fits into the Star Wars universe, yet still works with the current American standards of drink preference and recognition. It isn’t confirmed, but they bare a very similar resemblance to thermal detonators, a weapon used in Star Wars that blows up after a certain amount of time.

Dessert planets.....

homer drool GIF

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

What point were you making in your original post? I read it as "Disney shouldn't be making things that look like weapons." It appears I was mistaken?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom