News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Dapale

So has anyone purchased this book yet? I'm ordering today given a) I'm a big SW nerd and collect all of the art books and b) I collect Disney Parks related books so seems like this might be right up by alley.

I preordered it back when they first announced it in June of last year 🤣

Got it last week and it has some awesome concept art that looks amazing. In terms of the actually writing, it contains a lot of corporate fluff and the constant reminder that the land intends people to "create their adventure". I bought it for the art anyways, just fun to poke fun at it.

SSG

So has anyone purchased this book yet? I'm ordering today given a) I'm a big SW nerd and collect all of the art books and b) I collect Disney Parks related books so seems like this might be right up by alley.

Amazon product ASIN 1419750127
I have it. It's very interesting and also made me want to tear my hair out I was so frustrated over all the concepts WDI dreamed up but did not get to use.

I mean, to go with the Creature Stall, they came up with a stable containing some of the larger Star Wars beasts. They wanted a pit holding a huge AA Rancor!

Why can't we have nice things?

Last edited:

PB Watermelon

Wow! Maybe Disney is listening...

I think they're doing what they can within the approved budget. Can't help but feel the land or the park itself needs something -- anything with tangible popularity -- to take the load off of Rise of the Resistance, and a re-dress of Splash Mountain ain't it (as much as I love Princess and the Frog). Runaway Railway will help. Tear down Innoventions in Tomorrowland and build an attraction. It saddens my heart to listen to podcasts and read trip reports and watch YouTube videos from people so upset about the boarding group system that they're "done with Disneyland".

Jones14

The simple fact that someone at entertainment was tasked with creating this sound of, presumably, Oga speaking as well as coordinating the sound curing means someone agreed with the fans that more character based moments need to happen.
I’ve heard Oga’s voice come over the speakers at the Orlando location in the past (pre-pandemic), so I don’t think it’s a new clip, but it’s the first time I’ve seen troopers ‘responding’ to it.

If you hang around the Dok Ondar animatronic long enough he gets a call from her and (presumably) gets his handed to him, too. There’s a lot built into the land to work with, they just have to staff the characters to play off of it.

DrAlice

Wow! Two dorks in knockoff storm trooper outfits walk into a bar. How easily impressed these people are.

The same two tommorowland stormtroopers that used to harass guests in Tommorowland, what a show stopping event!

Oh for goodness' sake, you two. It's called fun! It's a theme park. Do you complain about people getting excited to see a bunch of "cartoon character furries" at the Train Station too? 🙄

It's fine if you aren't Star Wars fans. It's cool. I get it. Let the rest of us geeks have our fun.

No Name

Most of the time the stormtroopers really do an impressive job, but a couple of times I just wasn’t exactly thrilled with what I saw. Nothing super egregious, but for example, one time one of the stormtroopers walked up from behind someone and put both of his/her hands on her shoulders. Or one time they kept questioning someone and moving toward her, causing her to keep backing up until she was against a wall. Kinda weird to even recall. I’d like to believe I’m just overthinking it but I can’t shake the feeling that it wasn’t right. Like at the very least, even as a big theme park guy, I wasn’t thrilled by that level of immersion and neither were the people around me. Heck even in the movies they don’t act quite like that.

CaptinEO

Oh for goodness' sake, you two. It's called fun! It's a theme park. Do you complain about people getting excited to see a bunch of "cartoon character furries" at the Train Station too? 🙄

It's fine if you aren't Star Wars fans. It's cool. I get it. Let the rest of us geeks have our fun.
I am a Star Wars fan. The stormtrooper gag is funny and all but its been the sole Star Wars entertainment in GE, and already had been in Tommorowland for many years.

I have higher expectations than this same group of characters being reused over and over again.

180º

I am a Star Wars fan. The stormtrooper gag is funny and all but its been the sole Star Wars entertainment in GE, and already had been in Tommorowland for many years.

I have higher expectations than this same group of characters being reused over and over again.
Fair, when you put it that way. Galaxy’s Edge needs the entertainment we were promised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom