News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SSG

Some good ideas In Film Threat on ways to punch up GE:

I really like the Light/Dark parade idea

Last edited:

TROR

Rise of the Resistance audio animatronic alien

mickEblu

Vi Moradi is one of the few walk-around characters in Galaxy's Edge. Which does make it odd that she has to speak to you via hologram if you're both on Batuu...

This reminds me of how counterintuitive it is to do original stuff with very well known IP. We get on ROTR and the villain is Kylo Ren yet we have this obscure character Vi Moradi that “Scott Trowbridge” made up talking to us via hologram? I think the imagineers think that it somehow gives more weight and believability to Batuu being this real place. But In reality I just think it waters down the experience. People want to see the characters they know in STAR WARS land. I don’t think combining original characters with known ones from the movie is a good idea, especially humanoids. People would be much more excited seeing a Leia hologram there or something. Again this is the imagineers putting this damn Batuu story nobody cares about before fans/ human beings desires.

Honestly my takeaway from Batuu is that when creating a land based on IP you have to go ALL IN because you have already set an expectation of what fans/ guests are going to see. If you re not going ALL in you may as well just create an original land not based on IP. In themed entertainment, I’m not sure you can split the difference.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom