News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

I can tell you the majority of NAMM Attendees don't go to the DLR during the actual event. BUT many do before or after. Plus since their family/friends don't get to attend NAMM in many cases, those folks do opt to visit the tourist orientated locations, such As Disneyland, Knott's, the Beach, etc.
Maybe someone should tell NAMM that the new Disneyland hotel was cancelled months ago...https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2020

https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2020/articles/disneyland-expansion-create-new-opportunities-namm

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Excuse me but are you a Star Wars fan yourself? And I don’t mean do you like the movies, I mean do you consider yourself a part of the SW fandom? If the answer is NO you obviously don‘t know what you are talking about and if the answer is yes you must be a fan of the sequels and this means you are a part of a small minority in the fandom because the majority hates the sequels. In both cases however you definitely don‘t unterstand the difference between EMPIRE and First Order and between REBEL ALLIANCE and Resistance for the guests who are meant to visit GE. It is a HUGE difference.
Excuse me, but did you actually poll all of the tens of Millions of the Star Wars fans in the fandom to see if its really a majority that hate the sequels? If so I'd like to see said poll and then all your data to back it up. Because you're talking out your A** and projecting your own feelings on the rest of the fandom without any clue if the overall fandom does or doesn't feel the same way as you.

You don't speak for the fandom, you speak for yourself only. If you personally hate the sequels fine, post that all day long. But don't go around posting like you are some expert on what the overall fandom does or doesn't hate and its impact on Disneyland attendance.

Last edited:

Professortango1

Excuse me but are you a Star Wars fan yourself? And I don’t mean do you like the movies, I mean do you consider yourself a part of the SW fandom? If the answer is NO you obviously don‘t know what you are talking about and if the answer is yes you must be a fan of the sequels and this means you are a part of a small minority in the fandom because the majority hates the sequels. In both cases however you definitely don‘t unterstand the difference between EMPIRE and First Order and between REBEL ALLIANCE and Resistance for the guests who are meant to visit GE. It is a HUGE difference.

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. ;)

Phroobar

I'm an expert on Star Wars fandom and I can tell you you're all nerds. Grow up. They're Saturday matinee popcorn space movies for children. You're pathetic with your glow swords and dolls.

source.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I bet Lucas still gets a large share of the OT merchandise money while Disney gets most of the money from the new trilogy stuff.
If I understand it correctly: he doesn’t get a penny of anything. It was a free and clear sale per Disney’s insistence.

No...they made a choice to push the NUtrilogy stuff...both in the parks and beyond.

They haven’t delivered the movies to deliver the momentum. Bottom line

Phroobar

If I understand it correctly: he doesn’t get a penny of anything. It was a free and clear sale per Disney’s insistence.

No...they made a choice to push the NUtrilogy stuff...both in the parks and beyond.

They haven’t delivered the movies to deliver the momentum. Bottom line
I guess they thought it was easy to keep the merchandise boat afloat. Too bad they didn't know it was already sinking since 2005. Let's put out some crap, wave a light saber around, remake the original trilogy and wait for the fans to worship us. How did that go for you Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom