News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You know what arguement I am getting tired of hearing from those trying to defend why there are low crowds at galaxy's edge and disneyland that is really getting on my nerves, well there are 2 big ones, but let me start with the big one and why it is crap? I am tired of hearing "People are not coming because Rise of the Resistance is not open. who wants to go to a not fully opened land". Here is why that stance is crap. When freaking Toontown opened, Cartoon Spin did not open for a looong time but the land was freaking packed!! The big ride of the land was not open but gadgets was. gadget was the Toontown version of Falcon but guess what? that ride had a loooong line. all of toon town had looong lines for everything!!! If your land draws interest of people, they will come no matter what ride is or isn't operating. That arguement is such horse crap and I am sick of it. I am also tired of people saying "well the APs are blacked out". again this is crap. from many sources i checked about this same time last year and from my own experiences of going to disneyland this time of year thorughout the years, the park was steady and packed!!!! These excuses are being used by people who don't want to admit disney messed up with their advertising of the land and chosing thematically where the land takes place in the Star Wars Universe. PERIOD.

shortstop

If those rumored dates are correct, that's the kind of stuff that should lead to heads rolling all throughout the company, from WDI to marketing up to Chapek, because it speaks to a complete screwing of the pooch.
I’m going to take a wait and see approach on this. It might look bad at the moment, but if this ride is really as complex as we’ve heard, it would make sense for it to have technical problems. A year from now, if this ride is an E+ ticket and the most popular ride at the resort, I doubt too many people will really care that it had a delayed opening.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I’m going to take a wait and see approach on this. It might look bad at the moment, but if this ride is really as complex as we’ve heard, it would make sense for it to have technical problems. A year from now, if this ride is an E+ ticket and the most popular ride at the resort, I doubt too many people will really care that it had a delayed opening.
it is wifi. we have had remote control airplanes and cars going back decades now. it is old school tech. there is nothing complicated about it. THIS is old school tech. we got remote control droids for sale in the droid depot. if it is the wifi they are stupid for not fixing it by now. i think the problem is they just made a mistake making it a trackless ride so there are no thrills. the ride will have probably have impressive sets and some AA's (but who the heck is even asking for a Kylo or General Hux AAs?? or wanted them?? WHEN I THINK STAR WARS I THINK VADER NOT DOMINIC GLEASON) but there will be no thrills or movement like we get in Indy. it will be a modern day fantasy dark ride. no thrils at all. everyone keeps talking about "it is going to have a huge drop" this so called "drop" will feel like one of those parachute rides where they slow you down waay before you reach the bottom of the drop. if you have to hook your ride vehicle into another vehicle so you can drop it down a shaft, you picked the wrong ride vehicle. ROTR will not save the land. it will be visually impressive but not something you will want to wait 1-2 hours waiting in line for again. ever.

BrianLo

Original Poster
These excuses are being used by people who don't want to admit disney messed up with their advertising of the land and chosing thematically where the land takes place in the Star Wars Universe. PERIOD.

You are right until the very end. They messed up the advertising and their projections and generally the hearsay was to stay away and avoid the opening frame.

However, choosing to base the land on the newest trilogy did NOT make Disneyland as a whole suddenly less popular than it was before. All of Disneyland is down, not just an issue of crowds not increasing as much as projected for this project.

People aren't avoiding Disneyland now because you can't see a CM dressed as Luke Skywalker and ride a speeder bike coaster.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You are right until the very end. They messed up the advertising and their projections and generally the hearsay was to stay away and avoid the opening frame.

However, choosing to base the land on the newest trilogy did NOT make Disneyland as a whole suddenly less popular than it was before. All of Disneyland is down, not just an issue of crowds not increasing as much as projected for this project.

People aren't avoiding Disneyland now because you can't see a CM dressed as Luke Skywalker and ride a speeder bike coaster.
yeah but not having a actor dressed up like luke or any of the original ot characthers aint bringing anyone into disneyland or galaxys edge. and i dont think the 2 are mutually exclusive. if they made a land that was a greatest hits of areas and places from the original trilogy with rides that envoke those movies like a x wing death star attack roller coaster or a speeder bike ride etc, that would for sure bring in tons of hard core fans into the park and they would not only be in the land but also all over disneyland. i think setting the land around the new trilogy with its lack of real charachters is ABSOLUTLEY hurting the attendance for the land and disneyland itself. if the AP black out was going on when there is a ride that has a queue where you walk through cloud city, trust me, AP's would just buy a ticket outright to go see it. damn the AP block they would spend the cash no matter what.

Curious Constance

I’m telling myself that people are so angry and disgusted at Disney for building Star Wars garbage in Disneyland, thereby ruining its near perfect, nostalgic goodness, that they’ve decided to completely write off, not just Disneyland, but the entire Disney company to showcase their utter rage and contempt at Disney’s gross overly material, cheapening of everything. So, you know, it’s been a good summer so far.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I’m telling myself that people are so angry and disgusted at Disney for building Star Wars garbage in Disneyland, thereby ruining its near perfect, nostalgic goodness, that they’ve decided to completely write off, not just Disneyland, but the entire Disney company to showcase their utter rage and contempt at Disney’s gross overly material, cheapening of everything. So, you know, it’s been a good summer so far.

If Batuu finally fixed Disneyland overcrowding though, that makes it the hipster saviour of Disneyland.

We hate it so much, we actually now must love it.

Disney Analyst

The only reason attendance is down is because everyone and their dog said to themselves “Oh sweet, they are building a huge new thing, but Disneyland is already crazy, so definitely that’s a nope for this summer!” People up here were thinking it, and I guarantee most were likely scared off by the idea.

The west coast market is very different then the east coast, the majority of east coast are tourists on a once every year or once in a lifetime vacation... if something opens while on their trip, you bet they are going, and lining up for it. West coast, really it’s mostly local, with tourists of course, but mostly American and Canadian tourists with majority locals. We are all saying “we’ll go later, don’t need to right now”... it has nothing to do with choice of land they built. Disneyland isn’t suddenly the most hated place on earth.

I think this was relevant for Wizarding World and is relevant for Star Wars at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom