News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TROR

This is the best view from Galaxy's Edge.

Anyway, just on a quick note, I hate how Galaxy's Edge has two entrances on the Frontierland and Fantasyland sides. It's like an airlock on a spaceship to prevent any of Disneyland from getting in. It's a very poor flow.

mickEblu

This is the best view from Galaxy's Edge.

Anyway, just on a quick note, I hate how Galaxy's Edge has two entrances on the Frontierland and Fantasyland sides. It's like an airlock on a spaceship to prevent any of Disneyland from getting in. It's a very poor flow.

It’s funny that they intended that entrance tunnel music to be an intro to SWL but it works more like an outro from DL.

Jones14

On the marketing front, Falcon didn’t start getting attention until they announced that Rise would not be opening with the land.

There’s a video from a few months back with Trowbridge talking about the land, and half the video is hype about how excited they are to show off Rise because of how ambitious and fun it’s gonna be, oh and also you can fly the Falcon while you’re here.

They only started throwing the Falcon onto the posters to keep people from realizing that the real headliner wasn’t going to be around for a bit.

Spike-in-Berlin

Wonder if they’ll use the extra time they have to tinker with ROTR to swap out Kylo Ren for Vader. The lack of OG characters is too big of a complaint for Disney to ignore.
Problem is they would have to convert Rise of the Resistance to Rise of the Rebellion to make this believable and swap the Resistance with the Rebel Alliance and the First Order with the Empire. Of course they will not do this because Disney will never confess that their sequel trilogy is a failure that damaged the entire franchise beyond repair but I repeat myself.

drod1985

Wonder if they’ll use the extra time they have to tinker with ROTR to swap out Kylo Ren for Vader. The lack of OG characters is too big of a complaint for Disney to ignore.

Not a chance.

First, Disney isn’t going to care about the echo chamber of a handful of folks on message boards.

Second, the rest of the sequel era cast has filmed pre-show and show elements. This is set firmly in the ST.

Spike-in-Berlin

Not a chance.

First, Disney isn’t going to care about the echo chamber of a handful of folks on message boards.

Second, the rest of the sequel era cast has filmed pre-show and show elements. This is set firmly in the ST.

A HANDFUL of Folks on message boards? You do know that a huge majority of the entire SW fanbase hate The Last Junk and Disney star wars in general? The few sequel fans are those who are actually sitting in the echo chamber. That "Solo" bombed is a clear proof that the majority of the fanbase was alienated by the way Disney treats both the saga and the original characters. They don't like it and they don't like a Star Wars Land that doesn't even feature the major characters. And when Disney believe that they don't need the original characters any longer they are in for a bad awakening. Many are already openly saying or writing that GE is the next Disney Star Wars flop.

mickEblu

A HANDFUL of Folks on message boards? You do know that a huge majority of the entire SW fanbase hate The Last Junk and Disney star wars in general? The few sequel fans are those who are actually sitting in the echo chamber. That "Solo" bombed is a clear proof that the majority of the fanbase was alienated by the way Disney treats both the saga and the original characters. They don't like it and they don't like a Star Wars Land that doesn't even feature the major characters. And when Disney believe that they don't need the original characters any longer they are in for a bad awakening. Many are already openly saying or writing that GE is the next Disney Star Wars flop.

Personally, I don’t think the main reason GE is a flop (if we can already say that pre-ROTR) is because they didn’t focus on the original trilogy. Although I think it is a lesser contributing factor. The main reason it’s trending towards a flop is because they failed to create a compelling environment for a theme park. That and the one ride that’s open isn’t very fun for 2/3 of the guests riding it.

Rich Brownn

CinemaScore (which actually talks to people who have seen the movie) gave it a high score. Solo bombed not because of TLJ but because of over saturation coupled with medicare reviews and behind the scenes drama..

Spike-in-Berlin

CinemaScore (which actually talks to people who have seen the movie) gave it a high score. Solo bombed not because of TLJ but because of over saturation coupled with medicare reviews and behind the scenes drama..

The official critics have mostly become biased and corrupt, they don't want to lose their privileges so they give Disney a thumb up even for the worst movies. The Last Junk got raving reviews from the mainstream critics. I saw Solo too and it bombed because of many many flaws that are an essential element in Disney Star Wars with the single exception of Rogue One. And The Rise of Skywalker will be the first movie from the Saga to bomb.

TROR

Rogue One is absolute junk. If you think that movie is good and The Last Jedi is bad, all that means is you like superficial Star Wars and not good movies.its easily the worse Disney Star Wars and possibly the worst Star Wars movie. That movie is so hollow and lacks any substance. Cool visuals with nothing behind them. Rey, Kylo Ren, and Luke are all such fascinating characters in The Last Jedi. Even if you’re unhappy with their story, you’re dense if you can’t admit they’re well written characters. Of course, if you think Rogue One is a good movie you probably are dense.

Sharon&Susan

The official critics have mostly become biased and corrupt, they don't want to lose their privileges so they give Disney a thumb up even for the worst movies. The Last Junk got raving reviews from the mainstream critics. I saw Solo too and it bombed because of many many flaws that are an essential element in Disney Star Wars with the single exception of Rogue One. And The Rise of Skywalker will be the first movie from the Saga to bomb.
So why did critics negatively review Dumbo, Aladdin, Wrinkle in Time, etc. if they’re so biased against Disney and afraid of losing their privileges?

Last edited:

Supreme Leader

Rogue One is absolute junk. If you think that movie is good and The Last Jedi is bad, all that means is you like superficial Star Wars and not good movies.its easily the worse Disney Star Wars and possibly the worst Star Wars movie.
That title belongs to Attack of the Clones. Beyond garbage. Hey, remember when all of those Star Wars "fans" said that the prequels ruined and destroyed Star Wars forever? Hmmm.
giphy.gif

Epcot_Imagineer

Supreme Leader

Problem is they would have to convert Rise of the Resistance to Rise of the Rebellion to make this believable and swap the Resistance with the Rebel Alliance and the First Order with the Empire. Of course they will not do this because Disney will never confess that their sequel trilogy is a failure that damaged the entire franchise beyond repair but I repeat myself.
A failure that made over 3 billion at the box office? ok.

TROR

Regardless of everyone's feelings of Happy Haunt, seeing them get this excited and happy over someone agreeing with them about the Falcon ramp (whether it sarcastic or not) genuinely warmed my heart.
Happy Haunt may be a little silly, but he’s right about the ramp.

Also, on a side note, I’d like to see a Mater type ride in Galaxy’s Edge with furry beasts pulling carts in circles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom