News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

britain

Or ask this guy too, forced to watch from the sidelines...

captveg

Except for the alleged part where guests just watch the space battle through a view port instead of take part in it.

Think of this part as the pictures in the Haunted Mansion hallway between the Stretching Room and getting in the actual vehicles.

Once you are in the vehicles the ride is more like living in a Sequel Era variation on the escape back to the Falcon on the Death Star for Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie in the original film. Which is the right choice, because another space battle ride would be even more redundant to Star Tours and Falcon.

TROR

Think of this part as the pictures in the Haunted Mansion hallway between the Stretching Room and getting in the actual vehicles.

Once you are in the vehicles the ride is more like living in a Sequel Era variation on the escape back to the Falcon on the Death Star for Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie in the original film. Which is the right choice, because another space battle ride would be even more redundant to Star Tours and Falcon.
Perhaps I misread it because I was thinking this was a part of the ride itself. I’ll have to go back and reread it more carefully.

Edit: According to the article, "The ride vehicles travel through the halls of the Star Destroyer, pausing at times to let riders watch the battle unfold on large projection screens."

Last edited:

socaljoeyb

RotR seems to have a similar ride structure to Haunted Mansion.

Transport = Stretching Room
Docking Bay with Stormtroopers = Hallway

Then the ride.

TROR

I know everyone here is saying they need to have the sit down restaurant built in Galaxy's Edge, but I'd much rather see that space go towards an attraction. That's far more important to Star Wars land than another place to spend money. As soon as Rise of the Resistance opens, I want to hear an announcement that they're moving Star Tours over there.

britain

Perhaps I misread it because I was thinking this was a part of the ride itself. I’ll have to go back and reread it more carefully.

Edit: According to the article, "The ride vehicles travel through the halls of the Star Destroyer, pausing at times to let riders watch the battle unfold on large projection screens."

I'm sure that there will be several times throughout the attraction where it will be evident that a battle is going on.

Like it is on Pirates of the Caribbean.

Stripes

I’m pretty sure we’ll be doing more than just watching.

TrainsOfDisney

Or some sort of cargo transit system? Or just a gentle ride in general... how about a b or c ticket dark ride that just takes you through some sort of “restricted access area” - or a special effects show where a full AA Of Yoda demonstrates the force....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom