News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

If you don’t like sports (baseball and hockey) you’re an anti intellectual
This-White-Boxer-Head-Tilt.gif

Mac Tonight

In one of his lesser known moments, Darth Vader hit a grand slam in the
3rd annual Death Star inter-departmental softball tournament*.

The maintenance crew were winning by 2, but once Grand Moff Tarkin fooled everyone
with a sacrifice bunt, he set the table for the eventual Vader slam. Most people thought
he couldn't hit well with that helmet on, but he proved them wrong.

*for thread relevance

Phroobar

In one of his lesser known moments, Darth Vader hit a grand slam in the
3rd annual Death Star inter-departmental softball tournament*.

The maintenance crew were winning by 2, but once Grand Moff Tarkin fooled everyone
with a sacrifice bunt, he set the table for the eventual Vader slam. Most people thought
he couldn't hit well with that helmet on, but he proved them wrong.

*for thread relevance
giphy.gif

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

The character in this photo, not sure of her name but she's part of the resistance, was roaming around Batuu mostly hiding from the First Order troopers. At one point I was standing in the corridor between Docking Bay 7 and Dok-Ondar's and I hear a voice saying 'Don't move, I need cover" and she was using me as a human shield to hide from the troopers ahead, ducking down behind my legs. Thankfully I didn't have any beans for lunch.

SuddenStorm

Baseball is a sport for the thinking man. If you think football is better it just shows you have no mental capabilities.

Football is an incredibly complex game- coaching it is insanely difficult. Knowing what kind of defense/offense the team you're playing against runs, and figuring out your defense/offense to use against them is essential. Memorizing hundreds of plays and knowing when to use each one. Knowing which player to put where to make the team the best it can be.

Baseball's a complex sport, but to pretend Football isn't a sport for the thinking man is an ignorant claim at best, and intentionally disingenuous at worst.

TROR

Football is an incredibly complex game- coaching it is insanely difficult. Knowing what kind of defense/offense the team you're playing against runs, and figuring out your defense/offense to use against them is essential. Memorizing hundreds of plays and knowing when to use each one. Knowing which player to put where to make the team the best it can be.

Baseball's a complex sport, but to pretend Football isn't a sport for the thinking man is an ignorant claim at best, and intentionally disingenuous at worst.
People just like football because it’s big guys hitting each other and is fast paced so it requires no thinking for the viewer.

Mac Tonight

The only thing truly ridiculous about sports (all of them) is how much they pay the players.
No one, I don't care how talented, needs to become a multi-millionaire simply for playing a kids game.

Also, Star Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom