News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This whole idea of people hiking around GE with interactive droids strapped to their backs in bulky backpacks...In the world's most mobbed theme park land... Oh, I'm being silly. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

They form a bluetooth neural network and become sentient.

And that's how humanity was destroyed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But it would be more fun. Isn’t that why we originally started going to theme parks and why we still go?

I don't know about you, but us Intellectuals go for the art of it all... Forget fun, theme parks aren't for fun. They are to be revered in the same vein as the Mona Lisa. In fact Disneyland should no longer allow guests to have "fun", that is so mundane. They should only all guests to walk around viewing the majesty of it all and then leave, all for the low price of $200 per visit. 🧐

Last edited:

TROR

I don't know about you, but us Intellectuals go for the art of it all... Forget fun, theme parks aren't for fun. They are to be revered in the same vein as the Mona Lisa. In fact Disneyland should no longer allow guests to have "fun", that is so mundane. They should only all guests to walk around viewing the majesty of it all and then leave, all for the low price of $200 per visit. :brb:
See, he gets it.

britain

I don't know about you, but us Intellectuals go for the art of it all... Forget fun, theme parks aren't for fun. They are to be revered in the same vein as the Mona Lisa. In fact Disneyland should no longer allow guests to have "fun", that is so mundane. They should only all guests to walk around viewing the majesty of it all and then leave, all for the low price of $200 per visit. :brb:

You’re being silly, but I personally find going to the Louvre to be more fun than going to Six Flags.

And yes, I think Disney at their best has more in common with the Louvre than Six Flags.

Mac Tonight

A Star Wars coaster is too conventional. It’s what every non-theme park fan would expect a Star Wars land to have. This land was the third attempt by Imagineering to do something ambitious, as instructed by the Board of Directors. They needed to do something that would prove that Disney still knows how to exceed expectations - Something they haven’t done since Indy in 1995, in my opinion. A coaster wouldn’t do that.
... But a simulator will?

I don't know that I'd call it truly conventional. Disneyland isn't in the business of IP based rollercoasters. There's no precedent for it in the park. There is however, precedent for a SW themed simulator...

Touchdown

Their two Texas Parks, and Georgia parks are nice and worth a visit, however Six Flags is truly the Walmart of Theme Parks, to push it further:

Six Flags-Walmart, they’re everywhere cheap and attract the worst customers

Cedar Fair-Target, nearly as numerous, but while not high class much better then Walmart

Hershunds-Cabellas, more specialized, rare, outdoorsy, but really cool and high quality

Seas Parks-Macy’s, a huge step up from Target but still not quite the cream of the crop

Disney and Universal-Designer stores, the upper echelon and best of the best, however you will pay for that quality.

Mac Tonight

Ever been to a Six a Flags at the Lou?
giphy.gif

Hawg G

So, you want the immersion of a ramp, going into an actual MF, but you're OK with a elevator into the MF? Where would this elevator be located that wouldn't ruin the immersion?

Around a corner, for people in wheelchairs. Is that hard to understand?

Another issue I seemed to have missed is that one chess room feed two cockpits, so there is already even more things not making this the perfect Millennium Falcon experience those "in the know" folks were swearing was going to completely blow us away.

Remember, you would be going through an exact replica, ONLY seeing your 5 co-riders, and seemlessly leaving through a different exact duplicate hallway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom