News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Janir

I don't see why not. Disneyland has been in movies before. That area is movie quality. Maybe there will be a scene or two on Baatu. I bet the Mandelorian will have some shots there eventually.
The would be dumb NOT to at some point just to drum up business. SWGE 'timeline and the Mandalorian timelines are years apart, but Black Spire Outpost has already been established as existing for since before Clone wars so at most some slight changes here and there to back date the surroundings for a few scenes and done.

Rich T

I don't see why not. Disneyland has been in movies before. That area is movie quality. Maybe there will be a scene or two on Baatu. I bet the Mandelorian will have some shots there eventually.
Every time Disneyland's been in a movie (That Thing You Do is my favorite), it's appeared as itself. It's never tried to replicate a place that isn't a theme park. I don't think filming a SW movie scene there would save any money, and would only be done for a bit of unnecessary publicity...Although it would certainly give DL bragging rights over Florida. :D

Rich T

I hope folks aren't disappointed. This could be like Christmas, so excited about it, then it's over in a flash and you find the aftermath is just "meh".
Well, a few overenthusiastic fans have unrealistic expectations and actually think GE is going to make them feel like they're in Star Wars as if Star Wars was real. They'll feel a bit let down that it still feels like a theme park. I think those simply expecting an impressive theme park land will have a great time, as long as they know there's currently only one ride available.

TROR

Every time Disneyland's been in a movie (That Thing You Do is my favorite), it's appeared as itself. It's never tried to replicate a place that isn't a theme park. I don't think filming a SW movie scene there would save any money, and would only be done for a bit of unnecessary publicity...Although it would certainly give DL bragging rights over Florida. :D
They should film a 44 minute special with Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, and Oscar Isaac where they’re exploring the new land but they’re all in character and running from Kylo Ren who is not played by Adam Driver. It’s be really shlocky.

Phroobar

Special musical guest: Starship! :D
I"m surprised Disney hasn't thought of that yet. It can't be any worst than this:

Is Bea Arthur still alive?

ChristmasBea-657x360.jpg

Darkbeer1

>>Oga’s morning menu will include:

• Mustafarian Lava Roll: Described as a “sweet galactic delight”
  • Rising Moons Overnight Oats: Breakfast oats served with yogurt, dragon fruit and seasonal fruit

Non-alcoholic “potations” served at Oga’s in the morning will include:

• Blue Bantha Milk and Cookies: The “Star Wars” land’s signature Blue Milk, a non-dairy rice- and coconut-based chilled milk. A Rice Krispie treat cookie with Bantha horn icing is served on top of the glass.
  • Black Spire Brew: Cold brew coffee with Caribbean spices, honey and passion fruit
  • Moogan Tea: Unsweetened iced tea and chocolate milk with vanilla and cinnamon
  • Tarine Tea: Unsweetened iced tea with peach, huckleberry and mint<<

sedati

What is edible soil (A Taste of Takodana) and why am I so eager to find out?

Stevek

The would be dumb NOT to at some point just to drum up business. SWGE 'timeline and the Mandalorian timelines are years apart, but Black Spire Outpost has already been established as existing for since before Clone wars so at most some slight changes here and there to back date the surroundings for a few scenes and done.
Not sure they are really going to need to drum up any business. That being said, not at all opposed to using it in a film/show.

Animaniac93-98

I'm wondering how long the strict role playing and language for CMs will last, particularly for the WDW version. I know Disney is committed to "authenticity", but many Disney park guests don't speak English as a first language, or much at all. If they're struggling with the basics like "where's the toilet?" I can't imagine it would be helpful to get a response that sounds like gibberish and takes longer to explain. Heck, any stressed out family that's tired from standing in the sun for hours probably doesn't want to roleplay every time they ask a question.

Also, while I think the food looks good, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept some chicken nuggets in the back for the wifebeater-and-cargo-short tourists who spent 45+ minutes in line at the cafeteria and just want their basic comfort food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom