News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

VJ

>>An A-list lineup of Star Wars actors who portrayed or voiced Yoda, Kylo Ren, Rey, Finn, Poe and even a beloved Star Tours droid pilot will return to the roles they made famous in the new Galaxy’s Edge themed land coming to Disneyland.

Actors Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac along with voice actors Frank Oz, Paul Reubens, Jim Cummings and Kipsang Rotich will reprise their Star Wars roles in the Black Spire Outpost village on the remote planet of Batuu, the setting for the new 14-acre themed lands coming to the Anaheim theme park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.

The Star Wars characters will show up in audio-animatronic, holographic and video form in Galaxy’s Edge attractions, experiential shops and the village’s cantina.<<
I like how Star Tours 1.0 is just assumed to have happened in-canon. That little factoid delights me.

If they don't play the Droid Room track in Oga's Cantina at least once, I will cry.

Darkbeer1

From the SCNG article

>>
Yoda

The wise Jedi master who first appeared in “The Empire Strikes Back” will once again be voiced by Frank Oz.

The Star Wars puppeteer and voice actor also performed Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Animal on “The Muppet Show” and Cookie Monster, Bert and Grover on “Sesame Street.”

Yoda trained Luke Skywalker in the ways of The Force in “The Empire Strikes Back.” What the small, green alien creature with pointy ears and clawed fingers lacked in size he more than made up for with his magical powers.

Disney has not announced where Yoda will appear in Galaxy’s Edge, but it makes sense for the legendary Jedi Knight to make regular appearances in Savi’s handbuilt lightsaber workshop. The Walt Disney Imagineering creative team has dropped hints that visitors will be greeted by an “old friend” in the build-your-own lightsaber experiential shop.

“It has some great moments of magic,” Imagineering executive creative director Chris Beatty said. “The finale is super, super cool. In the reveal at the end you’ll be visited by an old friend as part of the experience.”<<

socalifornian

I just piloted, engineered, and gunnere’d the millennium falcon
37452816-5C20-4248-A477-F7621C3E3C6E.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom