News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

truecoat

Yeah, some of those rooms might be more like halls with a few scenes happening in them.

For comparison, here's Mystic Manor.

View attachment 367059

Definitely feels similar as far as the layout accommodates occasional splits in the paths. I worry if it will be as easy to look behind you and see Kylo attack the next vehicle as it is to see the man-eating plant attack Albert before you’re really supposed to.

Hopefully there are a lot more automatic doors separating scenes than what this sketch indicates.

It also implies the great importance for good on board audio that can fake sounding as if it’s coming from the room around you - and yet not be heard by the vehicles ahead or behind you. It doesn’t matter so much when every scene is filled with characters singing the same song. It does matter if it’s supposed to sound like a hole was just blown into the side of the ship ...every 30 seconds.

This sure seems spectacular. I’ll probably love it. But I do wonder what all that square footage could have been used for if it was used as efficiently as a Fantasyland dark ride. Imagine a Star Wars version of Mr. Toads, it would last a half hour in that huge space!

I see what you mean. If I was looking at the Mystic Manor layout without it being labeled, I would have thought the same thing.

VJ

Interesting...

BasiltheBatLord

Why is it lame? How is this any different than any of the other face characters walking around pretending to be in their own characters world instead of ours.

Have some fun in life man...
Cause most guests are going to find this unnecessary and unhelpful and 100% of cast members are going to hate being forced to speak in some forced Star Wars lingo when they could otherwise easily explain something and get guests off their back.

It's different from face characters because guests typically approach face characters because they want to and because they're expecting a certain amount of character roleplay. CMs do not fulfill that role.

Epcot_Imagineer

Cause most guests are going to find this unnecessary and unhelpful and 100% of cast members are going to hate being forced to speak in some forced Star Wars lingo when they could otherwise easily explain something and get guests off their back.
Somehow I think everyone will manage... it's just 8 words/phrases being replaced, and its not so ridiculous that it would confuse guests. If a guest asks "Where is the Bathroom?" and a cast member replies saying, "The Refresher is just around the corner," I don't think anyone would be too startled.

truecoat

It's different from face characters because guests typically approach face characters because they want to and because they're expecting a certain amount of character roleplay. CMs do not fulfill that role.

I think everyone in Star Wars land is a face character to some extent.

fctiger

I think you're making a bigger deal then it is. It's a few cute phrases, they are not speaking in complete Mandarin. Trust me, if people are really 'confused' they will be able to explain whatever they want. "I don't know that information, only the ancients know. But that wise fellow over there can assist you with what you're looking for."

Disney seems to be going all out with this land but I don't expect a lot of this to last that long though.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

As others have mentioned you're making a bigger deal out of this then it really is.

The phrases are not so outlandish that you can't pick up what is being said. Most guests will get it without issue, and as some have said for a guest who doesn't get it a savvy CM will be able to get their message across or direct the guest to someone who can.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney can’t seriously expect them to act like a face character while simultaneously not pay them a face character rate

‘Til the Spire!
As I recall didn't all CM just get a raise to $15/hr, which is above the state minimum.

Also I vaguely remember somewhere that SW:GE CMs will be making more than their counterparts at DL since they will all be face characters as you said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom