News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

No, you are making up ridiculous rules and standards that are completely detached from reality and history that really have no credibility or impact. I feel dirty for even taking the bait of replying and giving them any attention.
[/QUOT
Again Disney set this stanard. I am just pointing out the world aint all sunshine and rainbows

Old Mouseketeer

...seems when they lose connection with the ride vehicle for more than 300 milliseconds, the ride vehicles shut down as a safety measure.
Cars keep shutting down a lot.

Sounds like a software problem. At Pooh they have a problem if dispatch gets delayed too long and the cars back up too far into the ride it shuts down and they have to do a full evac and power down/power up. It's a real pain.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I admit I don't understand why they cancelled the full service restaurant? Up until now I thought that was a sure thing. I don't care personally and probably wouldn't be able afford to eat there but it seems like all their big full service restaurants or at least the themed ones like Blue Bayou and Carthay theater are huge hits. I can only imagine what people would've paid to hang out in a full on SW restaurant. They can charge the drinks up the ying yang too. Why would they cancel one of the things that actually draws money? That's the only confusing one to me.

It’s like cancelling the drive in theatre aspect of the original carsland... seems like a slam dunk... but other things took priority.

Phroobar

So with no fast pass... and waits that easily will top 3hrs... I guess we can expect SWGE to define new levels of line jumping, “place holding”, and other kinds of line BS from people...
I expect to be passed by at least two hundred people as I wait in line. I'm going to have to bring my lightsaber and go all Kylo Ren on them.

BubbaQuest

For the folks going in August, although it sucks that RotR may not be open, it may actually be a blessing in disguise. I assumed a lot of local AP fans would end up buying single day tickets to be "first" into the land. If RotR is not open, many may just wait until their AP blackout is lifted in September.

I'm wondering with the delayed opening, how Sept/Oct is going to work. Not sure what's going to happen with APs trying to visit the land and Disney trying to maximize profits with Halloween Nights.

mickEblu

I originally predicted that SWL would open (not with reservations but really open) on 6/21 in sync with when the Deluxe APs become blocked out of DL. I think I figured out why they re going with 6/24. It was to dissuade Deluxe Passholders from booking a multiple day stay while they are still not blocked out and just buying single day tickets at the end of their trip. For example if they were to open SWL on 6/21, you might have many Deluxe APs book say a 3 day stay (not necessarily on site) starting on 6/19 and then stay through 6/21 buying a single day ticket for opening day.

Last edited:

mistyj

I'm wondering with the delayed opening, how Sept/Oct is going to work. Not sure what's going to happen with APs trying to visit the land and Disney trying to maximize profits with Halloween Nights.

Didn't we hear the Halloween parties were going to be moved to DCA this year? CMs will have a lot of working hours if both parks are open late through the fall...

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I originally predicted that SWL would open (not with reservations but really open) on 6/21 in sync with when the Deluxe APs become blocked out of DL. I think I figured out why they re going with 6/24. It was to dissuade Deluxe Passholders from booking a multiple day stay while they are still not blocked out and just buying single day tickets at the end of their trip. For example if they were to open SWL on 6/21, you might have many Deluxe APs book say a 3 day stay (not necessarily on site) starting on 6/19 and then stay through 6/21 buying a single day ticket for opening day.

Interesting thought, not sure I buy it though. I don’t see how having deluxe staying multiple days prior would make them change plans. As deluxe can still buy a single day pass for the 25th and would still be the same thing.

mickEblu

Interesting thought, not sure I buy it though. I don’t see how having deluxe staying multiple days prior would make them change plans. As deluxe can still buy a single day pass for the 25th and would still be the same thing.

Right of course they still can but the incentive to do so is not as high. At that point they re probably more willing to wait until later that summer.

Anyway, just a shot in the dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom