News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

I mean this is because they are "missing" their deadlines with RotR, not some purposeful attempt at crowd management, right?
That way it can be twice as packed.

They could run the line for the MF through the entire land. Then when it settles down, they can open ROTR with a line all the way back to the tree house.

shortstop

This is REALLY important to note (and will likely be true in Orlando as well):

I’m not so sure- from the article:
A reservation will not be offered or required to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort.
In any case, I think this is a great and simple way to control crowds. Hopefully it works! All I know is I’m not interested in going until RotR opens.

Phroobar

This is REALLY important to note (and will likely be true in Orlando as well):

How do you get into the theme park without a valid park admission?

britain

Calling @JediMasterMatt!

Are we talking like a month or 6 months later?

Ismael Flores

I mean this is because they are "missing" their deadlines with RotR, not some purposeful attempt at crowd management, right?

could it be that they will purposely hold off the ROTR opening so that the one in WDW is done? Maybe they want to make sure that they don't get a harry potter effect with the east versus west decrease in crowd desire. or maybe they don't want the rides posted online giving away the awww effect before the east coast one opens?

WDW opens 3 months later with both attraction, are they going to make west coast fans suffer another 3 months

SSG

Well, when we've discussed the crowd control issue, I certainly hadn't considered staggering the attraction openings. Quite clever, really.

Not that it won't still be a nightmare when it opens. May 31 is a Friday. I hope park ops eats their Wheaties that weekend.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and probably be wrong, but I'll guess that rumour of ROTR falling behind was accurate to an extent, requiring it to be pushed back to June. Rather than open the land in June, Disney decided to push on for May, but now they need to avoid everyone who won't be on/in line for ROTR crowding the area and causing a 10 hour wait for the Falcon, so they have the reservation system set up to mitigate crowds until they can get it open. I'm probably wrong. I'm just taking a stab at it.

mickEblu

I mean if we want to get technical the land really isn’t opening in the traditional sense of the word until the third week of June. I’m thinking its not going to be very easy to get one of those reservations.

SSG

Well, as of 5 minutes ago there were plenty of hotel rooms left for May 31 to June 23. That's one way to have a reservation for the Falcon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom