News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Incomudro

For the record, I’m of the opinion that any report of “mid-ride disembarking” is mistaking the shuttle preshow (which is technically a vehicle of sorts) as part of “the ride”. That’s all the transferring I’m expecting. Anything beyond that would be a very unexpected and very unlikely surprise to me.

Yeah, there is no way we could expect guests to transfer mid-ride.
People (especially today) are... I'm trying to pick a non offensive term... "dense" and not alert.
They're often a physical mess too.
I don't expect much out of them, and I'm certain Disney is aware of that.
One boarding is more than enough of a psychological and physical workout for most to manage.

Last edited:

SWGalaxysEdge

People (especially today) are... I'm trying to pick a non offense term... "dense" and not alert.
One boarding is more than enough of a psychological and physical workout for most to manage.

..why does me saying "I talked to someone working on the ride" have zero weight in this matter?
They directly told me there will be a transfer. I asked specifically because my wife is in a wheelchair and its hard for her to xfer.
He said that was the way it is made and CM's would be there to help.

Incomudro

..why does me saying "I talked to someone working on the ride" have zero weight in this matter?
They directly told me there will be a transfer. I asked specifically because my wife is in a wheelchair and its hard for her to xfer.

I'm questioning it being mid-ride or thereabouts.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

There once was a rumor that mid-ride guests would be getting off one ride vehicle and transferring over to another ride vehicle.

shortstop

For the record, I’m of the opinion that any report of “mid-ride disembarking” is mistaking the shuttle preshow (which is technically a vehicle of sorts) as part of “the ride”. That’s all the transferring I’m expecting. Anything beyond that would be a very unexpected and very unlikely surprise to me.
I’m glad this one has been debunked. It sounded like a terrible idea at the time and it sounds like a terrible idea now.

Old Mouseketeer

There once was a rumor that mid-ride guests would be getting off one ride vehicle and transferring over to another ride vehicle.

Hey folks--can we please clarify our statements and differentiate between transferring from a wheelchair to a ride vehicle and the above rumor that guests would "be getting off one ride vehicle and transferring over to another ride vehicle". Specifically, please clarify if you use the word "transfer". Thank you.

Old Mouseketeer

Then, as I said upthread, this suggests to me that there will be too much motion for wheelchairs to travel on board an accessible vehicle. Otherwise I'm sure they would have provided such an accommodation. With new rides they only require wheelchair users to transfer if there is no way to make a full accommodation.

Phroobar

People (especially today) are... I'm trying to pick a non offensive term... "dense" and not alert.
You make all Disneyland guests sound like Jabba the Hutt.

19e262b5acfc29f805160e8c47249dd3.jpg

SWGalaxysEdge

** RorR Clarification ** - Ok I rechecked with my contact and I was wrong about how this works.
Beginning of the ride/queue, we walk. ADA stays in their chair.
At about the middle of the ride, we all xfer to one of the 4 loading stations, getting into the 8-passenger vehicle.
This is where ADA needs to xfer to the vehicle.
Everyone stays in the vehicle until the end.
Everyone leaves and ADA xfers back to their chair to exit.

180º

** RorR Clarification ** - Ok I rechecked with my contact and I was wrong about how this works.
At about the middle of the ride, we all xfer to one of the 4 loading stations, getting into the 8-passenger vehicle.
I just assumed this is what you meant in the first place. For clarification, most of us here do not acknowledge the shuttle to the Star Destroyer as anything more than an elaborate pre-show. A few years ago MiceAge got all excited about “disembarking mid-ride,” which now we figure was just an exaggeration of how the queue works, and which is why we tend to dismiss that particular wording.

All that aside, thanks again for getting the scoop for us. I’m still betting on your intel about the wheelchair transfers! At the moment I’m pretty confident I’ll be able to keep my two churros. :)

britain

This fits what @marni1971 has been saying for years: the RIDE itself is relatively short because WDI considers all the show scenes in the pre-show to not really be PRE-show at all, but part of the attraction proper. (Wouldn’t we all consider the HM stretching room to be part of the actual attraction? Not just pre-show?)

Your source may say it’s “about the middle of the ride,” but I’m pretty sure they mean about the middle of the attraction experience.

BrianLo

Original Poster
This fits what @marni1971 has been saying for years: the RIDE itself is relatively short because WDI considers all the show scenes in the pre-show to not really be PRE-show at all, but part of the attraction proper. (Wouldn’t we all consider the HM stretching room to be part of the actual attraction? Not just pre-show?)

Your source may say it’s “about the middle of the ride,” but I’m pretty sure they mean about the middle of the attraction experience.

The ride being short I think in context to the hugeness of the queue. I don’t actually expect it to be that short based on modern E-tickets. Yes based on Pirates, but nothing will ever be that long again.

Stripes

The ride being short I think in context to the hugeness of the queue. I don’t actually expect it to be that short based on modern E-tickets. Yes based on Pirates, but nothing will ever be that long again.
Yeah, the ride itself is still the size of Shanghai Pirates. It's definitely not small. In fact, it dwarfs the actual show space of DL's PotC.

britain

Based on Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, American Adventure, Horizons, World of Motion, Kilimanjaro Safaris and of course, Universe of Energy.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I assume when you say middle of the ride you mean middle of the queue? But then again that wouldn’t make sense because if we re boarding ride vehicles wouldn’t that be the end of the queue and beginning of the ride?

britain

Yeah, the ride itself is still the size of Shanghai Pirates. It's definitely not small. In fact, it dwarfs the actual show space of DL's PotC.

But a whole third of the building is that First Order hangar - one show scene (are we calling it part of the queue?). I’m just saying, keep expectations in check and you’ll be happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom