News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

This is what I have seen continuously. If this confuses anyone, I don’t feel bad for them.
Videos for past two months now indicating Fall 2019 (instead of Late Fall 2019) for WDW SW:GE. Screenshot below from the end of latest promo indicates this slight pull-in of the opening date...

BA8867BD-192B-400E-8BB4-07ADFC4E74E4.png

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What's sad and disappointing is how many non-SW people out there I see all excited about visiting "Star Wars Land" in Florida when it opens next Summer. Think about what I just typed.

(1) They are calling it SWL. - This may never change.
(2) They only think its in 1 park
(3) They think its opening this Summer in Florida.

I've been correcting them till my fingers bleed but its a small drop in the bucket. Disney better get to showing the difference in a much better way. Yes, WE know the difference but the average Disney goer has it all wrong.

I feel badly for some of them because they are planing big vacations around the opening but they have the facts all wrong.

1. It’s not your job to correct anyone.
2. There has been plenty of coverage over which land opens first on which coast.
3. If they plan a vacation around a land that doesn’t exist yet without doing any research on its actual opening then that is their own fault.
4. A lot of non-Disney fan east coast people have always thought WDW was the only Disney Park.

SWGalaxysEdge

1. It’s not your job to correct anyone.
2. There has been plenty of coverage over which land opens first on which coast.
3. If they plan a vacation around a land that doesn’t exist yet without doing any research on its actual opening then that is their own fault.
4. A lot of non-Disney fan east coast people have always thought WDW was the only Disney Park.

1. As fan and since I am running a popular Galaxy's Edge fansite, its a courtesy to let them know.
3. Again, wrong attitude. I want inclusion.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
1. As fan and since I am running a popular Galaxy's Edge fansite, its a courtesy to let them know.
3. Again, wrong attitude. I want inclusion.

Again, not your job. You don’t work for Disney nor represent Disney in any way. You are just a fan who decided to start a fan site, which is really just a FB page.

It has nothing to do with inclusion or exclusion. Every single commercial, tv special, press coverage, or document that Disney puts out about SW:GE has the general opening time for each coast. If these guests are booking vacations even after all the information Disney has put out and assuming DHS is opening in summer, again their fault. I mean a simple call to any travel agent representing Disney would tell them it opens in Fall for DHS. So again I don’t feel sorry for any one not doing 30 seconds worth of research.

Professortango1

Again, not your job. You don’t work for Disney nor represent Disney in any way. You are just a fan who decided to start a fan site, which is really just a FB page.

It has nothing to do with inclusion or exclusion. Every single commercial, tv special, press coverage, or document that Disney puts out about SW:GE has the general opening time for each coast. If these guests are booking vacations even after all the information Disney has put out and assuming DHS is opening in summer, again their fault. I mean a simple call to any travel agent representing Disney would tell them it opens in Fall for DHS. So again I don’t feel sorry for any one not doing 30 seconds worth of research.

Travel Agent? Do people still use Travel Agents??

SWGalaxysEdge

..still a fan to fan courtesy for me. To each their own.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
..still a fan to fan courtesy for me. To each their own.

I’m sure people that visit your FB fan page appreciate you informing them of their error. However my points still stand, Disney has not hidden the fact that DLR will open their SW:GE first, and DHS a couple months later. A simple 5 second Google search results in this same information. People have become lazy and don’t want to do any type of research, even as easy as a simple Google search. So if they have booked their vacations around a land opening and not doing any research, well again that is their fault.

Old Mouseketeer

What kind of special effects and effects will Disney be using for Star Wars rise of the resistance attraction

From what we can infer from renderings and early video footage, I assume there will be some kind of simulator for the Resistance Shuttle, projections like the giant portal in the hanger bay and out the windows when the Resistance Fleet appears out of hyperspace, animatronic Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren, light and smoke effects, and possible lasers. I don't know if there will be a wireless Mouse Droid, or if that was CGI for the promo (I suspect the latter). There will undoubtedly be elevators as most of the attraction is on two levels and the trackless ride system can't handle steep inclines. Based on the newest footage of guests riding the transport, we assume there will be no 3D glasses. Don't know if there will be any Pepper's Ghost effects.

BrianLo

Original Poster
This is what I have seen continuously. If this confuses anyone, I don’t feel bad for them.

View attachment 336745

This is important. I don't think people here understand the East coast advertising context. People really have no idea that there is another park on the West Coast. I don't even think a lot of layman know that the park is named Magic Kingdom. It's Walt Disney World and Epcot. Or Disneyland and Epcot in Walt Disney world.

I don't think I even knew Disneyland was a thing until there was a DCA advertisement on the Mulan VHS (Dinosaur or Emperors New Groove).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom