News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

There isn't that much to do.. finish rock work, paint, fill the river in the back. I can't imagine it wouldn't be done by mid June. That's 2.5 months.

I think it's highly unlikely that the river and island will be open to guests before Fan!! opens and multiple sources are telling me that they are fighting to get Fan!! up in JULY. Maybe you have sources that are reporting other information.

mickEblu

Not as we knew it. There's no more quiet waterside dining. There's now this broad ramp that now leads to the cutout to the restrooms between the dining area and the river. Even the upper level will be impacted by the ramp, especially at the Southern end.

Oh really? I was assuming there was no more dining on the lower level. How much of the river did they carve out for the path if there is room for the new path and the dining on the lower level?

How will the upper level be effected?

Last edited:

vancee

I think it's highly unlikely that the river and island will be open to guests before Fan!! opens and multiple sources are telling me that they are fighting to get Fan!! up in JULY. Maybe you have sources that are reporting other information.
Just admit that you don't have any sources telling you anything because you are actually Bob Iger (in disguise) on this forum looking for people criticizing you and your colleagues. :p

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

Just admit that you don't have any sources telling you anything because you are actually Bob Iger (in disguise) on this forum looking for people criticizing you and your colleagues. :p

Wow. If you think I'm defending Iger or Disney management, boy do you have that wrong. It would take volumes to contain my criticism of Disney management.

But I do have good sources. And I generally don't claim to know more than I do, and if I'm proven wrong (which I have been, on occasion) I freely admit it.

Here are two things that I'm sure of. DLRR will not start testing until Sept. and Fan!! is fighting to open in July. This information is based on first-hand accounts. There is a lot of work to be done on the riverfront before it reopens to guest traffic. If you have better information, please feel free to share it with us.

Old Mouseketeer

Oh really? I was assuming there was no more dining on the lower level. How much of the river did they carve out for the path if there is room for the new path and the dining on the lower level?

How will the upper level be effected?

I haven't actually looked at the lower level since they opened the new ramp (although I hope to this week). But from the photograph upthread it appears that there are still tables. And if there isn't anymore dining on the lower level, is it just vacant space? The new path is clearly outside the existing boundaries of the lower level.

vancee

Wow. If you think I'm defending Iger or Disney management, boy do you have that wrong. It would take volumes to contain my criticism of Disney management.

But I do have good sources. And I generally don't claim to know more than I do, and if I'm proven wrong (which I have been, on occasion) I freely admit it.

Here are two things that I'm sure of. DLRR will not start testing until Sept. and Fan!! is fighting to open in July. This information is based on first-hand accounts. There is a lot of work to be done on the riverfront before it reopens to guest traffic. If you have better information, please feel free to share it with us.
I was joking, haha.

mickEblu

I haven't actually looked at the lower level since they opened the new ramp (although I hope to this week). But from the photograph upthread it appears that there are still tables. And if there isn't anymore dining on the lower level, is it just vacant space? The new path is clearly outside the existing boundaries of the lower level.

Your guess is better than mine. I have a hard time making sense of the construction pics.

DDLand

IMG_1244.jpg

Is it just me, or is the river nowhere near show ready? It looks like for the loop to be complete, that whole side still needs some love. The Railroad is progressing and part of the trestle and some of the cross beams have been built. With that said, the Railroad still just ends. It's something that can be built relatively quickly, but it still looks like @Old Mouseketeer's time frame is, sadly, most credible.

Also Battle Escape is enormous. We have only a fraction of the full built out.
IMG_1245.PNG

mickEblu

View attachment 197944
Is it just me, or is the river nowhere near show ready? It looks like for the loop to be complete, that whole side still needs some love. The Railroad is progressing and part of the trestle and some of the cross beams have been built. With that said, the Railroad still just ends. It's something that can be built relatively quickly, but it still looks like @Old Mouseketeer's time frame is, sadly, most credible.

Also Battle Escape is enormous. We have only a fraction of the full built out.
View attachment 197945

Is it just me or does the river look it will be shortened considerably when looking at the pic. Was it really only shortened 15-20%?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom